Only 1lb!! First week!

Samjo2013

Hi!
I'm on week 1 of slimming world, went for my weigh in tonight and have only lost 1lb! Why is this? I'm eating enough syns, and food optimising every day! Has this happened to anyone else?

Sometimes it's just the way our bodies work - they get a shock and it takes time to adjust! Did you weigh your healthy extras and keep a diary just to make sure you didn't miss anything? Jut trust the plan and keep focussed, it'll all work out in the end.

People either have bumper loss 1st or 2nd wk so keep going and see how u go on at next wi x

I feel your pain! I'm on week 2 and only lost a scabby half pound this week and 1.5lb on week one ... I wouldn't mind, I've eaten enough fruit to sink a ship an hardly had any syns! :cry:

Glad it's not just me - hopefully we'll both do better next week! I've had loads of fruit and veg, and around 9-14 syns each day. Are you having enough syns?

Don't think I have been having enough syncs really, and I haven't been eating lunch either so gonna work on that this week an hope it helps!

Think some ppl are just slower losers...I lost 2.5lb first wk, then 1lb 2nd wk (but did cheat cos wore lighter clothes!) and this wk gained 1lb...so overall lost 2.5lb in first 3wks even tho i have 5st to lose....I stick to it, measure HE's, use 12-14syns a day, eat sensible etc, ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!

Was shocked when I only lost 1lb, was expecting 3! Kac - I made the leek and potato soup for lunch today and its amazing, you should try it!

I feel your pain! I'm on week 2 and only lost a scabby half pound this week and 1.5lb on week one ... I wouldn't mind, I've eaten enough fruit to sink a ship an hardly had any syns! :cry:

This may be why! You must eat all your syns, trust the plan, trust us, keep going!

Lost another little pound this week, so 3lb off so far ... Disappointed though cos I've been sticking to the plan with no naughtiness at all ... Hoping for a bit more next week!
Think my body is only just gettin used to having regular food, my usual 'diet' tactics include just drinking coffee and the occasional cuppa soup for several weeks at a time, needless to say, all this food I'm consuming on SW is a bit of a shock to the system :eek:

Lost another little pound this week, so 3lb off so far ... Disappointed though cos I've been sticking to the plan with no naughtiness at all ... Hoping for a bit more next week!
Think my body is only just gettin used to having regular food, my usual 'diet' tactics include just drinking coffee and the occasional cuppa soup for several weeks at a time, needless to say, all this food I'm consuming on SW is a bit of a shock to the system :eek:

Could also have something to do with your start weight. Those who start off bigger usually lose more weight per week than those who have less to lose. As long as you're losing, then I honestly wouldn't complain. You're doing fine :)

I'm the same. Started three weeks ago and have 3lbs gone - have been 100% on plan and food optimizing as well. I do think though that exercise is a contributing factor as I tend to metabolise quicker when I'm doing regular exercise. I felt very disheartened on Wednesday after my 1/2lb loss BUT I've picked myself up and set myself an 8-week Gold Body Magic challenge to really give myself the best chance possible. Just stick with it hon. I know it is disheartening when you see people in group having massive losses but there are so many sweethearts on here who have been through the same slow losses at the start and have since lost 2/3/4/5/6 stones! Keep with it, it will work!! :bighug:

Hi!
I'm on week 1 of slimming world, went for my weigh in tonight and have only lost 1lb! Why is this? I'm eating enough syns, and food optimising every day! Has this happened to anyone else?
Hello,
I've had a similar experience...I fill in the food diary, I weigh my HE's, have about 10 syns a day and have lost 'only' 2.8kg in 4 weeks BUT I feel thinner if that makes sense? My clothes fit better. I have taken measurements to see if they change, I did weigh myself mid-week once and was 1kg less than now (very disappointing so haven't done it again!) so I guess it depends on the day you weigh in. Keep going, it's a sensible diet and will work for us all! Good Luck this week.

Could also have something to do with your start weight. Those who start off bigger usually lose more weight per week than those who have less to lose. As long as you're losing, then I honestly wouldn't complain. You're doing fine :)

Indeed ... A little pound off is better than a little pound on I suppose :)

Was shocked when I only lost 1lb, was expecting 3! Kac - I made the leek and potato soup for lunch today and its amazing, you should try it!

I keep meaning to make some soup ... I've been threatening a butternut squash that's been in the kitchen for 2 weeks ... Still haven't blended the little blighter yet though!!

Would you all rather give up and just keep gaining? Honestly, you're losing weight. Fair enough, it's not what you expected, but how long did it take you to put it all on? It's not going anywhere over night, you've got time, you're not in a race.
It took me 28 years to put on 18 stone. It's taken me 1 year and 5 months to lose 3 stone, but it's all good. I've taken the scenic route more times than I can count, but as long as it's all going in the right direction there's no need to stress.

Chin up.

I lost 1 and half pounds the first week, but 6lb the second. It may come round next week or your losses may be steadier. Any loss is in the right direction, just keep on and however small the losses they will become bigger losses in time :D

Back