only 3 days in but question about refeeding!

Gothicqueen

Resident Goth!
I am going to Whitby goth weekend in October and traditionally for us its a weekend of food beer and good fun, as I will be at week 4 of the diet (If I get that far!) is it possible to come off the diet and refeed for a week and then start again after my weekend?

I realise Im going to put weight back on but dont want to sacrafice the best weekend of the year by being tea-total and not eating

I would be very careful about the alcohol part hun, it can be really dangerous.. Also a lot of people find it extremely hard to go back to 100% tfr once they have stopped..

I will try and find the warning about alcohol and paste it here x x

Here it is hun:

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol.

It might be worth looking around the forum for other warnings .. I am not trying to pee on your parade, but would hate for anything to happen because you were unaware x x x

Just out of interest...if you were following atkins and therefore in ketosis you should avoid alcohol too?...boring! Definately not going to do aktins now-I have been thinking of it.
In theory yes you could do a refeed week before your fun weekend then start tfr after it, but it will take lots of willpower and i know I couldnt do it (from experience) I stayed in tfr the full 8 weeks and did not cheat once. I missed a fancy dress party and drank water at a once a year family meet up....but it was worth it now i'm at goal. Up to you hun, miss it one year for your weight loss or try the refeed. xx

Gothicqueen, if you can and i mean try really hard do you think you could stick to being 100% that weekend?
I stopped for my holiday and it took me 3 weeks to restart again, its sooooo much harder 2nd time round.
Its whats best for you tho, id wait till the week before and see how you feel then x

Im not sure Ill be able to stick to 100% as its a real social event, no alcohol is going tobe hard enough, but no food eeeek! One of our arranged nights is a curryoke (dont ask!) and sitting in an Indian restaurant with a shake......... or even worse a flapjack.........

I would imagine I could do 75 % but defo not 100%

oooh I dont know what to do :(

Tough one, id wait and see how you feel the week before x

Yes I think thats what Im going to have to do, :(

its the main thing I want to lose weight for this year.........

then I have my 40th next July so thats my end goal :)

Back