Only 4stone to go but why!!

xKimmiex

Silver Member
Woooow only 4stone 3lb till my goal of 12.7stone which will be a total loss off 12stone!!!! But I'm so struggling! Binging then feeling so guilty! I'm not putting weight on thank god but why am I doing this to myself? I CAN DO THIS!! And I need to do this! I manage through evening it's in the day when I'm on my own?!

I don't know what to do with myself and why I'm ruining everything like this?!

Wow! You have done so great so far! You CAN do this!

What are you binging on? I know it sounds obvious, but can you not remove these temptations from your home?

Why not write down all the reasons you are doing this diet and how great you are going to feel when you reach target. Pop these notes on the fridge or cupboards and whenever you are tempted to go off plan, pause and read these.

Good luck, you CAN do this! :D

keep going, dont give in now - the finish line is in sight...you can do it..you have done so well....

I did the same and put all my weight back on and felt and looked awful and undid all the hard work id done don't do it too yourself your better than that you've come so far and done sooo fantastic maybe your depressed it sounds like it too me because your binge eating go and see your doc and explain how your feeling! Xxx

I'm starting cbt next week so hope that helps! Got new york in 107days so going to stick to it! Its kids sweets ect I binge on :,(

I've done this for years and haven't managed to crack it, I thought I had for a while back in October but I hadn't. CBT sounds as if it will be helpful. In the meantime helpful things I have heard are:

1. Tell yourself you can have what you want in one hour if you still want it then.
2. Have 3 pieces of fruit first (maybe not that helpful on this diet) apparently once you've eaten the fruit you can't be arsed bingeing!
3. "Phone a friend" - or maybe come on here?

Hugs: it sounds like you've done amazingly! Xxx

Woooow only 4stone 3lb till my goal of 12.7stone which will be a total loss off 12stone!!!! But I'm so struggling! Binging then feeling so guilty! I'm not putting weight on thank god but why am I doing this to myself? I CAN DO THIS!! And I need to do this! I manage through evening it's in the day when I'm on my own?!

I don't know what to do with myself and why I'm ruining everything like this?!

are you frightened of getting to goal? something is stopping you you need to work out what it is hun!

I'm scared that I won't be able to maintainn and il let everyone down and embarss myself! I just have no control over my thoughts! I can fight them off for a while then I think "oh **** it il eat that pasta and il lose it next week"! I'm scared I will fail but I already am?! :,(

You need to believe you can do it. When I first started dieting I thought I could never achieve significant weight loss but I have. In the end its just one day at a time...then those days add up. Maintenance is the same - one day at a time.

I believe strength is like a balloon - its grows as big as you believe it can get. You CAN do this. You CAN maintain your weight loss - you just have to believe you can and then you'll discover that you can.

I saw a councillor last year for cbt didnt seem to make any difference to me! she was a big fan off eft which is very weird to do but it did help but it's like anything it's something you have to do forever or it doesn't work! X

I'm scared that I won't be able to maintainn and il let everyone down and embarss myself! I just have no control over my thoughts! I can fight them off for a while then I think "oh **** it il eat that pasta and il lose it next week"! I'm scared I will fail but I already am?! :,(

That to me is the real downside of doing Cambridge. Because you know that when you scramble back on the Cambridge wagon, the weight falls back off really quickly. Which is why I've been playing the 'gain-two-stones-lose-two-stones' game for the best part of 2 years now.

You wanna be like me and mess around for the next year or two? :D :D

Or do you want to fight this battle once and for all and get on with it? It'll be a lot cheaper that way, apart from anything else. :)

Sounds to me like you just need to take stock of where you are and what the advantages of losing more weight mean to you. Is there something you can plan to do as an incentive to keep going, like have a holiday or throw a party?

Maintenance is hard but it's going to be this way til it becomes 2nd nature. Going back to eating rubbish is what made us gain. I do eat rubbish but not all the time. Just remember that you need to be accountable to yourself and only yourself. I think the reason why I find maintenance hard is that I'm such an emotional eater and when I've exercised and been watching what I've eaten and the scales are playing up I get mad and lose the plot. I don't let it then go further like i would have done and I pick back up brush it off and just continue again. I have pcos and gain easily and find loosing hard. It drives me up the wall. People think I should be a stick and I'm not :(

Dieting it about making a change in you. How you look and how you feel. I need to work on how I feel and respect my body. This is part of maintenance.

The biggest thing is that you do not give up. You keep on trucking along. You get to maintenance and then you choose what you want to do.

xKimmiex said:

You only fail when you give up the fight for good!

You are only accountable to you not anyone else and you will not let anyone down with your diet. I put on when I'm off cd cause I stop being accountable to me and eat things that I really shouldn't. I'm looking into it and trying to focus on eating when I need to and looking at the choices I make. Previous to this I didn't do this. So this is a step in the right direction already. Last night I was bad. I ate things I know I didn't need and were really bad for me. Now I'm back and fighting. Focused. Ready like a ninja lol!!!!

I try to have the philosophy I want to lose weight more than I want that slice of pizza, or that lovely baked potato, or or or.

I have been seriously overweight and have gone to clinically obese for the whole of my 20's,and now almost half of my 30's, and I've had enough!

I liken it to being like an alcoholic, or someone who wants to give up smoking. When you are ready and serious about it, it will happen. No matter what anyone else says or thinks, you will do it. You will be able to stick to it fully, or not at all.

Believe in yourself, xKimmiex, and know in your heart that you have done an outstanding job, and screw what anyone else thinks or expects of you!

Thank you! I restarted my anti depressants yday and feel a bit better today! Not even thinking about eating and trying to wipe it from my mind. I will be so proud if I get past today then the weekend (can't cheat then as adams home!!) and they I will be way into ketosis haha! I'm just goin to keep posting if i feel a wobble coming on! :) x

Back