Only Had 1 Counselling Session with my LLC, in 17 weeks!

Slimseaa

Silver Member
Hi All,

I started LL on Sept 10th 2007 and have only had 1 counselling session. It has started to really bother me now! I have lost nearly 5 stones since then, well hopefully will be 5 stones when I get weighted tonight!

So really all I have been paying £66 a week for is for the sachets, nothing else, have never received any pedometer, gym ball and anything like that. Don't ever watch an dvd's.

My LLC has had some problems in the last 3 weeks, but not before that. It’s all a rush rush session, get weighed, choose sachets, pay money and goodbye. What shall I do?

:(

Hi All,

I started LL on Sept 10th 2007 and have only had 1 counselling session. It has started to really bother me now! I have lost nearly 5 stones since then, well hopefully will be 5 stones when I get weighted tonight!

So really all I have been paying £66 a week for is for the sachets, nothing else, have never received any pedometer, gym ball and anything like that. Don't ever watch an dvd's.

My LLC has had some problems in the last 3 weeks, but not before that. It’s all a rush rush session, get weighed, choose sachets, pay money and goodbye. What shall I do?

:(

I would be straight on to Head Office - this is not right - you are paying for the packs, equip and most importantly the counselling - thats the important bit.....

PS.... so sorry should have said huge congrats on loosing 5 stone - that's great..... especially as you don't sound like you've had much support from the group sessions either.... well done:D

You should be having the group counselling, that is what you should expect from for LLc.

Otherwise you could be doing CD on a one to one basis at 1/2 the cost.

I would have a chat with your counsellor and tell them how you are feeling. If you get no result then you can ring HQ, accept the situation or change.

You need to complain hun ive had more counciling from my cdc than you have from a paid councilor .You are not getting what you are paying for .As it happens you dont need it lol wtg on your loss thats brill:D

Yep - COmplain - Its the counselling (and the RTM) that is the key to the long term success of thsi diet!

Thanks all, i know, im started to feel a bit down about it now, and therefore need counselling more then ever as i have about another 5 stones to lose! Iam seeing my counsellor tonight, i will tell her how I feel and if things don't improve, i will then contact HQ! Thanks all, you have done so well with ur weight loss!

Do you have your monthly check up with your GP or a Nurse? Is it just your Blood Pressure that they check, my LLC doesn't really check with me that often! I just want to know whether we need to get any regular tests done.

LL require you to get a bp check every 4 weeks, there are forms in your weighing book to fill in. You can get your GP, practise nurse or a lot of pharmacies do it, our Lloyds and coop pharmacies both do it. However, one of the ladies in my group is a nurse so does it for us.

That is absolutely dreadful!
So far as paying for the Counselling - my understanding is that LL say you don't actually pay for it. LL say it is provided for free. I believe this is so if you are not happy with the counselling then it does not allow for people to claim back a percentage of their weekly fee - a percentage of nothing is still nothing! crafty so and so's.
Hope you get on ok tonight. How do other members of the group feel? Can you all stick together maybe?
I am wondering whether LLC have to buy the various items which are given to us "free" ie pedometer, gym ball, dvd's etc? If that is the case she must be quids in - absolutely disguisting IMO :mad:
Let us know how you get on
xxxx

Shalini that's really bad that you've not been offered any counselling - that is the main focus and benefit of the programme. I would definitely speak to your counsellor and find out the reasons why, and I would also be contacting HO as your counsellor clearly doesn't appear to be running the groups properly and giving you what you're paying for.

When you say you're going to start going to get 'checked up' regularly does this mean that you haven't been up to now? This is also something that your counsellor should have been ensuring you have done as your body could be struggling with the diet.

Good luck for tonight.

Counselling on LL seems to be so variable...lots of good and bad experiences on here. It's a shame because it is a great diet. I hope you get things sorted out with your LLC.

I have just been to my LL group, developers and our usual LLC is off on holiday (well deserved) and the locum was a nightmare!!! Got my order wrong, yeah, by 17 packs!!! She took forever to do the weight ins and I was a little shocked to find that after 20 mins of her being behind a closed door since I walked in that a man came out!! He had been in the group before us and was getting what looked like a months supply!!!
Not professional at all and the councelling consisted of her asking how we found LL. Not what I thought we should have for the first group back after the festive period so I can totally see why this would, week on week, be a nightmare!
You should complain. The counselling is the very best bit about this program and I am sure that when I go into management that it will come into it's own. You need that to cope once you have lost the remaining weight you want to lose.
Well done by the way on the 5stone, you should be very proud of yourself.

I wonder if LL Central Command ever check in on websites like this. I hope so because this would really be an eye-opener!

Shalini, you have done absolutely brilliantly but your treatment is shocking. You really need that checkup straight away, and to ask your LLC why you have received no monitoring or counselling when that is what LL is all about.

To be honest, I think I would complain to HQ even if she gives a good explanation. If she has big problems she should have arranged a locum, or at the very least, explained to everybody that they would not be getting the proper service from her, so that they could find another LLC. It's not just about the money (though that is important!) but your health is not even being protected here.

Take care Shalini and let us know what happens.

so are we actually meant to get our BP checked every month then as i havent? i only got it done when i first started and have never been asked for it since? also dont get checked with the ketones either. Would like to know if i am in ketosis to be honest.

When i was on LL if i remember the procol was BP checked every 4 weeks, counselling weekly (that's included in the £66 fee) & ketosis checked weekly by your LLC.

I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong....xxx

Thats right Fuzzy, I did LL too and that was the same for our class. We had to have BP checked and form stamped by GP every 4 weeks.

Absolutely. We are not allowed to continue on the programme without the monthly checks. Our LLC is really strict about it, and I'm sure it's an important issue for all of them - it will only take one newspaper scare story for LL's reputation to be damaged.

Back