Oops doesn't cut it......

Corey

longs to be average!
I can't believe it - I have seriously slipped off the wagon!!

As you know I am on RtM, started week 3 tonight, and was looking forward to having a nice lean bit of steak with my salad.

So overdoing it with 2 pieces of steak wasn't enough, then followed tomorrow nights chicken, my second bar of the day, two heaped tablespoons of cottage cheese, 1 pint of strawberry jelly and one really yukky tasting gariboldi biscuit. Now I am pleased about the biscuit, and guess the rest of the stuff was predominately protein, but is this the shape of things to come???????? It's been barely 3 weeks and I am already slipping back into old habits!!

I am really dissappointed especially as it was only this morning that scale moved down a pound for the first time in 10 days!

Don't beat yourself up Corey. You may have indulged a little but it was all with the things you are allowed, so it is by no means a disastorous lapse. My LLC always says RTM is a process of learning, and you are pretty much guaranteed to have a lapse. Maybe even a relapse. It's like learning to ride a bike when you're little. You fall off, but just keep getting back on again until you learn. RTM is the same, you may fall off, but eventually you'll learn the skills to stay on the wagon! xx

It doesn't matter what mistakes you make as long as you learn from them - otherwise you'll keep repeating the same ones over and over.

Try and write down how you felt when you were eating and how you feel now. If you can work out what triggered it then you'll be able to head it off next time. Also remember the 80/20 rule.

Be kind to yourself. :)

I'm no longer doing LL due to changing jobs and the cost but I have followed a very low carb diet since I stopped and feel great. I have had no binges and not felt the need to. Corey you have done great so far and like donnalou said if you fall of your bike get back on it. And if it was high protein then you should still be in ketosis I know I still am.

Corey you've had a slip - that's all just a slip, you ain't fell off that wagon! No I don't think it is a sign of what's to come as if it was you wouldn't come on here and post about it, you'd probably not face up to writing it down ...... this is all a learning curve, sometimes steeper than others --- stay strong sunshine and you'll get there x

Hey u :)
Iv had lots of moments on RTM where iv slipped up- chocolate being my main one!
But you know what- Im learning! and thats the best way to teach someone something to put it into action!
as long as we are aware of what we are doing then we can learn from it and move on.
its when you dont even realise how much ur eating that it all goes wrong.
give urself a break u have done so well- a bit of steak isnt going to kill u!!
I have been a bit rubbish but tried my hardest to be good and stick to it- I lost 3lbs today and know i havnt been perfect- but u know what in the "real world" we are on our own!
as long as ur aware of it :)
god that was waffly- i hope it made sense
xxxxx

ok, so you've slipped up, but i'm sure that is not the end of your lighter life. You may eat like that again too in life, but if it is the very occassional blowout mixed with sensible eating and exercise you'll be fine for the rest of your life. Get back on that wagon, you can and you will!

Thanks for all your words of encouragement - feeling a mixture of guilt and not too bothered this morning - but on the plus side - it was mostly protein I pigged out on, and didn't run across the road for Belgium Buns which is what I used to do - so not all bad!

Corey, I feel the pain!

What will be hard is not cracking again but I guess if you are as annoyed as you sound, then you might have it fixed already.

Focus on your goals and how you want to be in a few weeks.

At least no Belgian Buns though!

Hi Corey,

As everyone has said you will learn from this.
A good long walk to get rid of the extra calories will also work.
Hang in there!

Back