Oops

Hi Mark

There has been a very good thread on how to make the porridge - as a non technical person I don't know how to direct it to you but there were lots of different suggestions.

This is what I do now-
If I am at work I put the porridge in a mug and then pout over a small amount of recently boiled water, really just enough to cover the porridge oats. I will then add just the tiniest amounts of water until it reaches a consitency that I like.

At home I put porridge into large microwaveable bowl, let boiled water sool for a minute or so, then pour over about 130 mls. Put cover on microwaveable bowl and into microwave for about 90 seconds.

I really like the porridge and am probably eating terribly prepared versions of it, but seem to like my culinary efforts.

Hopefully some better approaches will be suggested or your CD counsellor will advise.

i put my porridge in a wide based bowl, add 150ml of boiling water slowly while stirring constantly until its all added.
mico for 30 sec, give a good stir, another 30 sec in the micro, mix lots and then i usually add a bit more water post-cooking!
With the porridge, you have to stick to the cooking instructions else it damages the nutritional value in the pack!

It does seem there is a fine art to porridge....some days mine is ok, others its lumpy but i;ve got used to it now! lol
xx

Back