Oops

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Chev13, 21 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Chev13

Chev13 Glass of wine anyone?

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    ok, clearly my fault for not reading the packet, but my porridge is now wallpaper paste,

Think i added too much water, anyone got any advice on these?

Mark
    xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hi Mark

There has been a very good thread on how to make the porridge - as a non technical person I don't know how to direct it to you but there were lots of different suggestions.

This is what I do now-
    If I am at work I put the porridge in a mug and then pout over a small amount of recently boiled water, really just enough to cover the porridge oats. I will then add just the tiniest amounts of water until it reaches a consitency that I like.

At home I put porridge into large microwaveable bowl, let boiled water sool for a minute or so, then pour over about 130 mls. Put cover on microwaveable bowl and into microwave for about 90 seconds.

I really like the porridge and am probably eating terribly prepared versions of it, but seem to like my culinary efforts.

Hopefully some better approaches will be suggested or your CD counsellor will advise.

4. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    My typos are dreadful.
    I might well pout in para 2, but I also 'pour'.
    And water is allowed to 'cool' !

5. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    i put my porridge in a wide based bowl, add 150ml of boiling water slowly while stirring constantly until its all added.
    mico for 30 sec, give a good stir, another 30 sec in the micro, mix lots and then i usually add a bit more water post-cooking!
    With the porridge, you have to stick to the cooking instructions else it damages the nutritional value in the pack!

It does seem there is a fine art to porridge....some days mine is ok, others its lumpy but i;ve got used to it now! lol
    xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.