Oopsie Doopsie!

Caz

Repeat Offender
Sooo... calorie counting went out the window this week! I haven't counted anything, I've eaten chocolate, I've just not even really thought about it! I've been on placement at school all week so I was staying at my sisters. It was harder to cook and calorie count there (though I could have, so it's no excuse!) and so I didn't. I went out for dinner one night and had a chicken burger and chips, major fail! Another night my sister made chicken and chorizo and bought fish shop chips to go with it. Last night I had pie, mash and gravy. So really a week of FAIL! But, at the same time, though I've not really eaten good things, I've not gone crazy with it all either. I've taken a tuna or chicken salad and fruit to school every day for lunch, which is pretty good. I failed at avoiding the birthday cakes on on of the days though!

So dreading it totally I jumped on the scales this morning, expecting to have gained ridiculous amounts and I haven't. I've not lost but I've not gained either. And interestingly, my body fat percentage has come down by 2lbs. I guess the walking to and from school and all the running around after kids has helped! So it's not been the best week, but it's not been the worst either but I have at least learnt from it.

• I've learnt that I CAN eat what I want and just have it in moderation (four fifths of my Baileys easter egg that still remain on my shelf after 3 days prove that!)
  • I've learnt that I don't have to constantly worry about what I'm eating all of the time (though I can't just go crazy either!)
  • I've learnt that when I'm at school it's important I take a break time snack of fruit or something otherwise those cakes or tin of biscuits becomes too tempting!
  • And I've learnt that no matter what it is that I do, a good week or a bad week, this is a long term journey for me and there'll be ups and downs but the biggest part is picking myself back up and getting on with it.

Pointless post and ramble now over!

Well I think a huge congrats is in order, if that were me the only trace of Bailey's easter egg you'd find would be the remains smeared around my mouth, left over after ramming it into my gob as fast as humanly possible!

Everyone should allow themselves time off as long as it doesn't escalate into reforming bad habits-we're only human and afterall, chip shop chips are lovely!

Well the rest of the egg didn't last long after a stressful next day! I only put on 0.5lb after all those days off though, so can't complain could have been far far worse!

My scales are being annoying ******* since! I was 4.5lbs last week, weighed in at 5lbs on sunday (a week after) and then have been 4.5-5lbs all week, today jump on 2.25lbs hoorah! But then jump back on straight away, 3.5lbs, not so hoorah! That's still 1.5lbs though, in 5 days so I can't complain too much! Hopefully Sunday will bring it up to 2.

Back