OOwwchh my back

longtobeslim

Has anyone heard of this tryed this diet also called calorie shifthing.You shift your calories each day,aparently it stops you from hitting a plateau by keep shifting your calories your body does not get used to how you are eating and so you keep losing weight alot of body builders use this diet.Dont know if it works but i think i might give it a go untill my cdc gets back off his holls.Lucyxx

I know the principle of calorie cycling - it's similar to the idea of the Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet, to put it in a familiar context - but it's more aimed at gaining muscle at the same time as losing fat, which is hard to do.

Where did you hear about it?

Has anyone heard of this tryed this diet also called calorie shifthing.You shift your calories each day,aparently it stops you from hitting a plateau by keep shifting your calories your body does not get used to how you are eating and so you keep losing weight alot of body builders use this diet.Dont know if it works but i think i might give it a go untill my cdc gets back off his holls.Lucyxx

Well no, it's the kind of thing that if you are going to do it properly, you need to have a programme set for you by a personal trainer, because you need to consider things like your protein intake, and what different types of exercise you need to do on different days. It's really meant to be done in conjunction with exercise (particularly resistance training) to build muscle while you burn fat (practically impossible on a calorie restricted diet).

If you're just looking for something to tide you over until your CDC gets back, JUDDDD is based on a similar principle - have you looked into that? When is your CDC back - are we talking days or weeks?

Calorie cycling

I am goin to adopt the zigzag diet into my own for one week and see what happens.I found a calorie cycle calculator Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needsthat works out a weeks cycle plan for you,it goes of age weight and fitness then gives you a plan for the week,then you can see how many calories to have each day,I am going to different calorie at different time of the day,so say i on day 1 i have 400 cals for brekie and 800 lunch and then 600 for dinner,the next i will shift them about so my eating pattern never stays the same.Dont Know if it will work but it cannt hurt to try.Lucyxx

That's quite a good wee site - I hadn't seen it before.

I put in my own details and the calorie guidelines it gave me were quite sensible - not too far off what I would be advising if I had a PT client with my stats who wanted to give calorie cycling a go.

Go for it Lucy, and tell us how you get on.

I have been meaning to say since we started this discussion - I love your avatar :)

Well done Lucy :)

Your CDC will be so impressed when he gets back!

I have looked at this plan and think it seems great howver my kcals on a low day still seem really high do you find the same thing? x

Well another day down yesterday was a high calorie day and i didnt manage to eat all of my cals i do hope that it wont matter,i felt like a pig eating so much,thinking of taking 200 cals or so off my high cal days.Only 3 days left untill weigh day,not sure if i have lost anything but wait to see if i have at the moe i will be be happy with a lb,anything is better than nothing.Lucyxx

Weigh day-OMG

Good morning,well this morning was the moement of truth and belive me i was shocked when i stepped on the scales and they showed a loss of 6.5 lbs:eek:I couldnt belive it,i am really really happy with that,just goes to show that you can lose weight and still eat reall food because i have eaten bread,crips,fruit,chocolate biccies.I havent changed so much what i was eating just the way i was eating it.Lucyxx

Wow, Lucy!

That's fantastic news! I'm so pleased for you :)

Back