open university?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by GreenDayJen, 9 March 2007 Social URL.

1. GreenDayJen

GreenDayJen Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    anyone here studying with them?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Anja definately is and i am an OU graduate. Are you a student?

Irene xx

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Anja is bakerfa on the site

5. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    not me, but my friend from my course did a few things with them and then jumped straight into third year at Uni!! they're pretty good so I hear :)

6. GreenDayJen

GreenDayJen Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    i just started my fourth year after having last year off. i'm doing introducing religions. it's a level 2, 60 credits. i just got my first tma back. 72% woohoo! had forgotten how hard work it is fitting everything in, but i shall plod on as ever! i'm working towards a degree in international studies. what have you studied?

7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I did arts and social sciences including a religion one. Congrats on getting a good score and getting back into it after a year. I did 6 years in a row. and went into teaching after the degree
    Irene xx

8. GreenDayJen

GreenDayJen Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    i did dd100 social sciences. did you do that one?

isn't ou great?!

x

9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Mine was D101 way back in 1976 but my husband did the same as you. he got his OU degree in 2005
    Irene xx

10. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Think Icemoose is starting a course with them:rolleyes:

11. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    I am doing "working with children in the early years" a level 1 course, I did an opening course last year to see if I would be capable. Anyway I am working on my first TMA and have a tutorial tomorrow.

12. GreenDayJen

GreenDayJen Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    hey sonya. how are you getting on with it? i think ou is great. it's a big commitment but it's such an accessible and cheap way to get qualifications when you're working x

13. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Yeh Im enjoying it, though Ihave not been able to concentrate on it 100% as I have been visiting my brother in hospital in the last few weeks so Iv had other things on my mind......but Im certainly not behind from looking on the O.U site.

14. Oiseau

Oiseau Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.41%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    Hi GreenDayJen, I'm half way through a computing course with the OU but have taken the last year off too. Am looking to get back into it soon, how're you finding going back to it after a break?

15. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi guys,

I did a Certificate in Health and Social Care with OU in 2000 as a lead up to starting my Social Work degree. It was the only practical way of studying with a 2 year old at the time as I did my work when she had a nap. I didnt believe it can be done, but it can.

I found them excellent in every way and got loads of support and guidance from my tutor. I'm considering going back to study further maybe later this year as I can do it at my pace and pay for it monthly if I choose :)

16. GreenDayJen

GreenDayJen Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    going back after a year off is a shock to the system but as it turned out i'm glad i took last year off cos during that year i got made redundant, bought a house and split up with my fiance. don't think i'd have had time! lol. everything back on track this year i'm pleased to say x

17. cheerydino

cheerydino Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    My husband did a degree in Computer Science with OU and he loved it. I am considering doing a short course with them and see if I can take it any further.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Jovy

Jovy Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.4%)
    Diet:
    Low calorie and exercise
    I'm currently working towards a degree in Geoscience, on my third course so far and all going well :) I love it.

20. The Punisher

The Punisher Full Member

I'm on my first-and last-course with them. Am supposed to be working towards a History degreee, but I'll have to just bite the bullet, give up my job and go to uni!
    The admin staff I've dealt with so far ahven't been very helpful,or organised. i've had numerous letters telling me I haven't set up my direct debits etc when they've already had two payments!
    As for my personal tutor, I sent him an email in October and I'm still awaiting a response. Also still waiting on a response from the OU on changing tutors as mine is clearly going to be of no help at all. So yeah, so far not impressed at all. Feels like I'm wasting £600 :cry:

21. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I am very surprised at the service you have received from the OU. My husband and I both have OU degrees and my daughter and her partner are both doing them now.

I agree that what has happened to you is not good. Have you spoken to someone in authority? When OU is working well it is great.

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.