Operation Bridesmaid Aug 2013!

Well the dress fitting went awesomely!!! My dress is two sizes too big and just spins around. We don't go back now until 8 weeks before the wedding so that should keep me on track. I loved the feeling of it being too big so hopefully when I go back again it will be even bigger! Had a stupid grin on my face all afternoon!!!

Well done Kells on resisting the McDonald's!! Why does alcohol makes us crave such bad food? I haven't had a drink since the hubby's birthday weekend, for fear of not losing but I know I can't go like forever so going to have a drink next sat at my friends mum and dads 50th wedding ann. So looking forward to it!!!

YAY about your dress!!! That must have felt amazing?! :bliss: I remember how surprised I was when I went for my fitting and that the 16 was too big and the 14 was only just too small. So made up for you. And just think how much difference the time between now and the wedding will make :D

Hi sorry been MIA too due to school hold etc. so happy for you on the shower and dress front. You have every right to feel very happy.
we go to York middle of March so only a couple of weeks away now and I only lost a pound again this week. Really want to loose a stone before I go but don't think I will do it in next 3 weeks with the way things are going :(

I loved the dress fitting it was suck a good feeling having the dress be far too big!!!

Glad to have u back Chapmaf. You can do it like me you only need to lose 5lbs in the next 3 weigh ins to get to a stone. I'm going away on the 13th March Cant flipping wait!!! Im sure you are looking forward to getting away aswell. Schools hols are a nightmare lol they derail all my best laid plans. My wee boy thinks school hols mean we have to do something everyday he is off lol.

Just realised I haven't logged my food diary from Wednesday. I'm a nightmare at updating this lol!!! I have been on track though. I made a slimming world lasagna for dinner last night as it is my sons fav. So we had that and potato cubes with veg. The hubby refused to try it. so I have two other portions to get through lol.

Meals for today!!!
Breakfast - Mushrooms wholemeal bread one slice (HXB) 2 bacon it was cooked with the fat on from the canteen in work so I couldn't remove it gonna allow 3 syns ??? 1 tbsp of brown sauce (1 syn) and a mandarin orange
Lunch - slimming world lasagna with an apple, mullerlight and a mandarin orange
Dinner - more lasagna (6 syns for cheese) with a jacket spud and veg.

total syns 10

Argh it's Monday again!!!! I have the weigh in dread I get this every weigh in day lol even though I know I have been on plan!!!! I wont be weighing untill half 5 so will have to see how things go!! I am going to go to the 5:30 class every week now and stop messing bout changing between morning and evening classes!! It will give me a more accurate account of how everything is moving.

Only 2 weeks to go at work before I got on my holipops!!! so I have a bit of a grin on my face today about that. Cant wait for our trip. Gonna spend today looking into somethings to do while there. I'm a laugh like I should be working but sure while the boss is away she wont know. Plus my job is all telephone based so if the phones don't ring I can do as I please. We have a lot of free time in my office at the minute but all that is about to change as I am being redeployed to more of an administration. I current work in a hospital taking maintenance requests. They are moving me to a new hospital within the same trust to still work under the umbrella of estates/maintenance. More based working on arranging maintenance contracts with contractors and doing any admin the managers need. Its just me and another going who inst very reliable she is always off sick. I am saddened by the whole change thing as I have worked in my current post for 7 years. I have had my 21st with these girls, holidays away and my wedding. I will be sad the day I leave here. Well that turned into a bit of a rant sorry about that lol!!!

I will be back later when I have had my weigh in!!!

Today I will have:
Breakfast - 2 alpen lights (HXB) a mullerlight and 2 mandarins
Lunch - Slimming world lasagna and an apple.
Dinner - potato cubes and a Marks and Spencer's pie not sure of the syns its my fav meal and haven't had anything bad in so long that I am just gonna have it will check syns and then have less all week!! Checked syns in the pie 29 EEEKKK!!!! Hopefully it will be worth it!!

I counted up my syns from tuesday till monday which is a full week and including the pie I have used 81!!! So not all bad!!!

Last edited:
Weighed in this morning and only had 1lb off, bit gutted but if I think back to Tuesday night and the cupcakes and the gin on Friday I suppose I am lucky I lost at all!

Starting to travel again this week for work I really struggle with dinners when I am away from home :(.

Well done on the loss its better than a gain or a stay the same!!! I haven't had great losses the past couple of weeks myself and I don't see it improving soon. It gets you down a bit when you know you have tried hard and you don't see the benefits of your hard work.

I am glad to see you still had a loss and enjoyed at a drink at the weekend!! I haven't a drink since my husbands birthday on the 15th Jan. I think I am afraid that if I drink all the bad things that go with drinking will derail me. So I have just avoided it. I cant avoid it this week as I have a few things happening at the weekend. Friday night I am going out with the girls from work for a few vino's. Then Saturday we have a 50th wedding anniversary party to go to!! My action plan is too start with somebody magic this week and go for a walk in the evenings after work!! I know this can only go so far so gonna have loads of veg this week and make soup to bring to work for my lunches and try to limit my syns.

If my syns are saving up well then I guess I will have to drive one of the nights which I don't really want to do. Fingers crossed!! Gonna try weekly syns this week from tomorrow for this and see how it goes!!!

KellsMC1; Starting to travel again this week for work I really struggle with dinners when I am away from home :(.[/QUOTE said:
Do you have a slow cooker?? You can turn them on in the morning go to work come home and its ready!! Have loads of fruit and veg cut up in boxes to bring with you. Just try and make the right choices when you can. You can do it!!

Do you have a slow cooker?? You can turn them on in the morning go to work come home and its ready!! Have loads of fruit and veg cut up in boxes to bring with you. Just try and make the right choices when you can. You can do it!!

Its not work time thats the issue its dinner in a hotel thats the problem (poor me eh).

Its so easy to see all the tasty stuff on there and make a mess of the whole week, even the salads they offer are packed with syns. Think I will buy a load of fruit and salad bits from waitrose near the hotel and sicken myself with it!

I just had to have a drink on Friday, really hectic week and the other half has been struggling to get work as he was made redundant before xmas and he had an interview on Friday and got the thumbs up, just waiting for a start date!!

I lost 1.5 lbs last night I wasn't impressed!!! I really wanted 2 lbs to get my club 10 certificate but aww well!! I am being so good this week with going out at the weekend i don't want to put jeopardise my weight loss with alcohol I will be drinking on Friday and Saturday!!!!! I made soup yesterday to bring to work for my lunches. I went last night after class and got all my shopping in for the week as well so i am super organised!!!! :) Nothing is going to stop me this week I will get that half pound next week!!!!

Breakfast - hifi bar (HXB) shape yogurt and a pineapple finger.
Lunch - hm veg soup with 2 scan bran (2 syns) a peach and a plum
Dinner - asda be good to yourself chicken sizzler (4.5 syns) a mccains baked potato (1 syn) cabbage and peas.

Total syns 7.5

Weekly use 7.5/105

Well done on the weightloss Starburst85, I was giving myself a hard time about the 1lb but its still a loss so I am going for it this week!

Well done both of you on your losses even if they weren't quite as much as you would have liked. I have lost 2lb this week so am happy with that and just leaves me 3lb to go in next 2 weeks so fingers crossed. I went out Thursday night and had a few vinos and still lost weight so maybe you will be ok at the weekend.
My husband had the same probs when he worked away KellsMC1 but he said the hotels were quite good at helping with the way of cooking/dressings if he asked - worth a go :)

Well done both of you on your losses even if they weren't quite as much as you would have liked. I have lost 2lb this week so am happy with that and just leaves me 3lb to go in next 2 weeks so fingers crossed. I went out Thursday night and had a few vinos and still lost weight so maybe you will be ok at the weekend.
My husband had the same probs when he worked away KellsMC1 but he said the hotels were quite good at helping with the way of cooking/dressings if he asked - worth a go :)

I have asked before for steamed veg etc with a grilled steak, yes no problem when it arrives dripping with butter!!

My new location is going to be tough as well, visited their canteen today all fried food and chips!! Looks like I will be living on muller lights and fruit!

I had a really bad food day yesterday :mad:

Started ok with porridge and fruit but lunch was a big bowl of creamy pasta which I know prob had my syns for a week in it and dinner was peri peri chicken with a baked potato last night (with sticky chicken wings and blue cheese dip to share as a starter)!

Really cross with myself and feel so bloated today.

KellsMC1 you will just have to remember to state no butter please :). Can you take a load of fruit in with you to work (my husband does a shop at tesco every Monday for fruit and leaves it at work) It is so hard isn't it - I love this diet as there is so much to eat but sometimes it is hard to find something healthy when your out and about as sandwiches aren't an option :(
just forget about yesterday and start again today and you will be ok. It does you good sometimes to have a "slip" and you might be pleasantly surprised next weigh in :)

I know Chapmaf, was an angel yesterday and so far today!

Heading to heathrow soon and I am starving, going to grab a banana or something and have omlette and chips when I get home about 9!

Well done on the loss this week chapmaf!!!

I have had a busy on the past couple of days. yesterday Work was manic. Then I had to go the X-factor concert last night with my little boy which was fab!!! Adam loved every minute of it so that made it all worth it!!! I loved Ella Henderson I still dont know how she was kicked out before the finals her songs were awesome!!!

Today I had to go to the new job in the other hospital that i might be moving to today we still don't have a date of an exact plan of who is going where or when but people seem to have the opinion that it may happen in the new finical year. After my visit my am unsure at to how I feel on the whole matter. I don't know what to think of it all because it will depend on who goes with me. the office in the new place is currently maned by three ladies and they are taking 2 people from my office to make like a super office lol!!! The three ladies all working there currently are all over 50. So i am not sure how much I will have in common with them. :( It would be ok if the girl in my office who expressed an interest in the post as well gets the job cause she is of similar age to me. The only prob is she has a poor sick record so she might not get offered a post!!!!!! ARGHHHHH!!! Its all stress and drama my end with the stupid job and i am struggling to stay on plan with it!!! I have had a full day over syns today which isn't great considering I have plans to go out tomorrow night still!!!!! I had all my meals on plan. I just Have stuffed myself with flipping chocolate all day!!! So far I have had a snickers and 2 freddos!!!! I have to stop using this job thing to over eat!!!!!

Back