Operation Yummy Mummy

So here I am on day 1 of another VLCD. My back story is one of a yoyo dieter. Up and down and back up again. Have been big since I was a kid. Having my own children has seen me pile on even more. 4 years ago I tipped the scales at over 20 stone. A year later, after doing lighterlife, I was over 10 stone lighter and wearing size 10s for the first time in my life. Add to that a very difficult pregnancy, where I was in a wheelchair in parts, and here I am, my 'baby' is now almost 2 and I'm back at almost 18 stone.
So today after a few half hearted and failed attempts at other diets I am back on the Vlcd bandwagon. Slim & save is the way forward - affordable, 4 packs per day and a very good selection of flavors. Have been planning this for a few weeks, so my head is in the right place. Have weighed and measured myself - shuddered at the results - and am now 2 packs in. Roll on ketosis, hate this horrid bit at the beginning! Have had a MAJOR diet coke addiction so cracking that will be as hard as not eating me thinks. Onwards and downwards though. Hoping to find some much needed support on here. The right support and encouragement makes all the difference :) Wish me luck!

Day 2 almost done. Feeling very tired and have had a sore head all day. Quite a few dizzy spells this afternoon too. Not too hungry though - I think this hot weather is suppressing my appetite but still, come on ketosis....! Almost picked at office treats by accident before remembering that I am on a Vlcd! Am going to opt for an early night tonight. Hopefully by tomorrow night this horrible effects will have passed. Oooh LOVE the mint chocolate shake. Had it hot for tea and it was scrummy - almost too good to be a diet :-D Onwards and downwards.

Day 3 done - Woop Woop! Ketosis here we come. Not hungry at all tonight despite watching HEAPS of yummy stuff on tv so that's a good sign. Head not been too bad today either, only needed painkillers once this morning. Really looking forward to 1st weeks weigh in, can't wait to see those figures going down! Was scorching hot in work today - made sooooo much worse by all the extra weight. Maybe next summer will be more comfortable if I'm considerably smaller? Who knows, let's just take it 1 week at a time and see where I end up. Off for my 100th wee of the day before bed - oh the joys!

Well hello there ketosis, so nice to finally meet you! Day 4 and am feeling much better. Not hungry, not feeling so tired either. Had a sneaky weigh in this morning and am 5.25lbs down after only 3 days - fabulous! :-D

Hi, I'm back on a VLCD this week as well. I lost all my weight for my wedding in May and even got under target but since the honeymoon (2 weeks all inclusive in the Caribbean) plus various different weekends out i have gained a good bit back. I had got to 8.8 but wed i was 10.4. I started back wed so i am on day 3. my first week weigh in is this wed. my brother is also getting married in 8 weeks so would like to be back to 9 for that. i have the hen next weekend and have no choice but to eat on the sat/sun. im doing the new you plan. im sure it is the same as slim and save. this is the last time i am doing this vlcd as i need to start a good relationship with food. when im not on the shakes i follow unislim and it works just not quick enough for me.

It's so hard keeping it off, isn't it? People say 'I don't know how you manage on a Vlcd - it must be so hard' and whilst its certainly not a walk in the park, I find this bit sooooo sooooo much easier than maintaining. There's no thought involved. It's like going food cold turkey. I'm determined to sort myself out this time too. I have 4 kids - 3 boys and then my youngest is a girl. I really want them all (but especially my daughter) to grow up with a healthy view of food. I didn't - hence the problems I've had all my life. Good luck with your weight loss also.18lbs in 8 weeks is definately achievable on a Vlcd so good luck :)

I totally agree. Once your in ketosis the diet is the easy part. Its the refeed and the maintaining I need to focus on. Children pick up on so much so your right to tackle the weight now. What is your weigh in day? Mine is wed mornings. I've just finished day 3... thank god. Have a great weekend :)

Thanks, hope you are having a great weekend too - they can sometimes be the toughest. My weigh in day is Tuesday, so today is day 5 for me. Going ok. Forgot what its like being in ketosis, keep having to force myself to have the packs. Am making them up and eating them with the rest of my family for brekkie, lunch and dinner which is helping but not got much inclination to eat them :-/ Funnily enough the bars aren't so hard to chow down! Tuesday can't come quick enough for my 1st weigh in. Had a sneaky mid week peek at the scales yesterday, but don't want to be hopping on and off them all week so am trying really hard to not weigh again until weigh day! Off for yet another pint of water. Think I might invest in some of the sns water favourings as am getting bored of it already.

Day 6 done :D First weigh in tomorrow and I can't wait! Planning our summer holiday for 2014 - a little extra motivation. The thought of heading to the beach at my current size fills me with absolute dread, so thats another reason to stick with the programme. That and the fact that I would probably melt away completely trying to do ANYTHING in the heat at this weight and with 4 boisterous kiddies to run after - I won't be lazing about lol! Feeling good and motivated - just need to try and keep this feeling going beyond the first week or so.

Oh well done. Hope u get a great result 2moro. U deserve it. :) I'm back to Day 1 AGAIN :(
Why is it so bloody hard? I can only do 5 days and then I'm off it for 2 days for the hen. From next Monday I really need to keep the head down and just get on with it!

Well first week weigh in finally here and today I said bye bye to 9.75lbs - WOOP WOOP! Just 1.75 lbs to go until I am out of the 17s. Really pleased :D :D :D Almost at my first target (cheerio 17s). Onwards and downwards.

Well had my week 1 weigh in even though I ended up eating sat & sun. Somehow I still managed to lose 5.6 ibs. 13 ibs left to target. How are u finding week 2, is it getting any easier for you?

Well done sinead! Less than a stone to go! :-D
Cannot wait until I am that close to goal! Week 2 is going OK. Had a mega hungry moment last night, gave in in the end - but only had some cucumber lol, so could have been SOOO much worse!
Today was my first day at work since starting sns due to annual leave. Am absolutely pooped, and really struggled to drink enough water. Will have to try really hard tomorrow to keep the fluid intake up. Maybe will have to stock up on some different leaf teas for the office too. Had a couple of weaker moments the last few days. Just the shine of the first week waring off me thinks. Have no choice but to keep going though. Oh well roll on week 2 weigh in...

Now on day 13 and going ok. Have decided to do sns up until xmas, then switch to calorie counting or maybe slimming world or something similar. Really want to get off 5 stone by crimbo. Would take me under 13 stone and into the 12s. Would then take my time with the last 3-4 stone. Seems wayyyy more manageable than 9 stone! So in that regard only 139 days left of sns. I CAN DO THIS!

2nd weigh in this morning and another 5lbs gone. So pleased! Really getting into the swing of it now. Still have the occasional moment when its tough, but they are the exception rather than the rule. Have got an action plan for the end of the year too, for when I stop sns. Have decided on slimming world. My last day of sns will be 13 december, followed by a 10 day refeed. Originally I was going to wait until after xmas and new year and then join a SW class, but at the moment there arent any suitable classes in my area, although that could change by the end of the year. So have decided instead to join SW online, as soon asI finish the refeed i.e. xmas eve. Might not be the very best timing but I risk undoing all my hard work waiting until after the festivities. So thats the plan at the moment :) Onwards and downwards!

Oh well done. I wish I had your determination. I'm restarting again for the 100th time on Thursday morning. I just can't get my head together.

Good luck Sinead for today, you know you can do it - if you can get your head in the right place - you've done it before. This is about my 3rd attempt at sns, and its only this time that it has finally clicked. I think setting small goals has helped. I had a horrible evening last night. TOTM mixed wih 4 kids off on school holidays and a mummy on a vlcd = one very grumpy evening. My hubby went to the shop to get me some Coke zero as a treat, but they didn't have any lol - that just about pushed me over the edge - so I went to bed instead! Today is much better though - the black cloud from last night has lifted. Let me know how you get on - will be thinking about you :)

Day 3 and going ok. On my own til Monday evening as hubby is at my brothers stag for the weekend. By time he gets home I will have finished day 5 and fingers crossed I will be in ketosis and not have cheated. Only 6 weeks from last thur to my brothers wedding. Will take a 2 day break on 24/25 Aug as going to Belfast. I will try my best to have low Carb for my meals when I'm away. By then I should have a good bit gone and the wedding will be so much closer it will keep me on the straight and narrow. How are u finding this weekend?

Back