Opinions Please

shelz

Silver Member
After trying on my wedding dress I am in mixed views. There are a couple of pictures below. What are your opinions to it?

Attachments

• DSC01150.JPG
    DSC01150.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC01151.JPG
    DSC01151.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC01152.JPG
    DSC01152.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 90
OMG!! You look positively skinny in it!! Seriously!

Honestly- it's very pretty, but long? Are you getting it takne up, or does it look okay with your shoes on? It might be distorting your view of it? You sound unsure if you like it or not? I was like that right up to my wedding day if thats any consolation, but the gasps of approval when I walked down the aisle lifted me right up!

Its stunning, love the detail at the back. Such a simple design but looks lovely on you x

Really suits your figure; your waist is tiny in it! I've always been a fan of strapless too. It's a nice glossy for of finish too and like Tasha said, the back detail is lovely.

OMG Shelz - if I looked like you, I would not be doing GoLower or any other diet for that matter. You look fab...sooooo very jealous. I know weight loss is an individual thing and just because I think you look gorgeous doesn't mean that you feel it. However, saying that you really do look great. Sorry, but I am knew to this website, when is your wedding? With only 8.5lbs to go, you have definatley got nothing to worry about.
Good luck
xx

Wedding is the 14th August... I cant wait. I have been struggling to loose these last few pounds (stone really) since finishing Cambridge Diet back in October. I just cant seem to shift them no how. It has been noted that I havent been eating enough for the amount of exercise I do and therefore I am experimenting with calories in to see if it suddenly spurs something.

I do have my concerns, mainly my hips - do they look huge or is that just my perception of me?

I do have my concerns, mainly my hips - do they look huge or is that just my perception of me?
It's your perception of you- you have a fantastic figure! Put a 'before' picture of yourself on the table and put a 'now' picture beside it and compare them. If you think you're huge now, what do you think you looked like then?;)

I'd say its gorgeous and it looks lovely, you really do having nothing to worry about honey try to stop worrying I know its hard with a wedding coming up but you are going to own the day looking like that

It looks fantastic and gives you a gorgeous hourglass shape... honestly, the only reason you think your hips look big is because your waist looks positively tiny. You look fab! :D

It's your perception of you- you have a fantastic figure! Put a 'before' picture of yourself on the table and put a 'now' picture beside it and compare them. If you think you're huge now, what do you think you looked like then?;)

My before picture is of me at 8 stone. I dont think that idea is going to work!

I think you look absolutely gorgeous in it! I think you've got a great figure that you should be proud of and most women would kill for to be honest. You're broad shouldered (and by that I don't mean big either) with a tiny waist - every women and lets face it man's! dream! Why would you want to lose any more weight? I can't imagine you at 8 stone - in my opinion that's too thin for your height. I'm 5 2 and its too thin for me!
:)

Shelz

I love the ruched effect at the back, and the swirly effect below, at the back.. you know.. you have lovely creamy skin, and a fine pair of shoulder blades, which this dress shows off to perfection.. You've got to remember that this dress looks good, really good, on you now, and if you ..a) lost another 8 or 9 lbs, or..b) put another 8 or 9 lbs back on.. you would look as good.. no doubt about it.. just make sure, on the big day, you have a really sizzlin' smile about you !..THAT, works wonders..! Good Luck for a Happy Future, and Well Done !

I do like the feel of the dress. :) I'm sure by August I will be so excited and happy that I will love it. A good pair of heels, high hair, a nice necklace and I will be away

My before picture is of me at 8 stone. I dont think that idea is going to work!
I meant your 'fat' before picture!!! I.E. you at your heaviest!

You will feel different on the day- when you've the hair, nails & make-up all done, your flowers in your hand and you're ready to walk out that you'll you'll feel like a million dollars! Well, you should anyway because you WILL look fabulous!:love047:

Thanks for all your opinions. I guess one thing that hurt me most about it was my mother assumed it was a size 10 - when in actual fact its a size 8. I think when the day comes I will feel a whole lot different in it.

Had the final meeting with the vicar last night to decide on the last few things, its great makes it seem a lot lot closer now. I cant wait!

bless your socks, I was told by my sister that she and my mum didn't even like my dress anyway!

ooh, and your wedding is 2 days before my 2nd anniversary :D

Back