orlistat no supply :(

BigBones

hello all
just being to doctor and getting back on the wagon, he gave me a prescription for 2 months orlistat, problem is i have being to 3 different pharmacies and they all say there is manufacturing problems and they don't know when they are getting them back in stock :(
any ideas where i can get some, maybe an online pharmacy or something?
thanks

Hi there, everyone has been having problems. There have been a few smaller chemists & Co-ops that have had stock on & off. My friend is a pharmacy assistant & they have had a letter from Roche who were the original manufacturer saying production has started again & will be mid May/June before its back in.....

It seemed like it was slowly coming back in stock, but nowhere in Aberdeen has had any for months :(

Nowhere in Kent has had it for ages either, Hopefully it is on its way down here tho :)

Nowhere in North Cumbria has it. Now have 2 prescriptions which only last for 3 months.

Very worrying, last time I phoned up probably around 30 chemists before finding one with it in stock. hope the supplies hurry up~!!!

I've just done my Monday morning ring round for orlistat and no joy.

I was told by the big boots pharmacy locally that they won't be getting supply's until late aug/ early September and aren't allowing scripts to be left.

Oh well till next Monday ....

I asked in Sainsburys Pharmacy yesterday and the lady told me there not expecting any until June so i the mean time i should buy Alli and double up on the dosage! They didnt have any instock either tho.

busybee_mummy said:
I've just done my Monday morning ring round for orlistat and no joy.

I was told by the big boots pharmacy locally that they won't be getting supply's until late aug/ early September and aren't allowing scripts to be left.

Oh well till next Monday ....

Whereabouts are you, Busybee? x

busybee_mummy said:
I'm in Nantwich Cheshire.

I thought I'd seen you say that before. I'm in Newcastle (the real one, in Staffordshire!), and for the last two months the Co-op Pharmacy in King Street has had Orlistat (the Teva brand, not Xenical which is made by Roche). I last got some the week before last. Worth a phone call as you're only 20ish miles away?? xx

Sorry, just rang them for you and they don't currently have it - they've been told mid-May. Worth adding them to your list of places to ring, if you strike out in Cheshire? x

Thanks so much for that Tracy, it's very much appreciated! I had rang boots (Hanley) and asda wolstanton, sainsbury and morrisons in the (real) Newcastle! Will add it to the list! X

Lol, glad to (try to) help. I was chuffed to bits they'd got it in the other week, so hopefully they'll get it again before too long. xx

Phoned around what seems like everywhere today to try to get some but no where has it in, starting to feel slightly panicky now

Hmmm. Been to docs today for monthly check up....shockingly he told me that they are no longer making orlistat ! I told him I manged to get some last month and he said i was very lucky. He gave me another prescription for 3 months supply but he doesn't think I'll get hold of them which I knew anyway. More worried as he said they aren't making any more !

jenbo said:
Hmmm. Been to docs today for monthly check up....shockingly he told me that they are no longer making orlistat ! I told him I manged to get some last month and he said i was very lucky. He gave me another prescription for 3 months supply but he doesn't think I'll get hold of them which I knew anyway. More worried as he said they aren't making any more !

That doesn't sound right - there's certainly no indication of it on the web. My pharmacy have been told it'll be back with them mid-May, but who knows?! x

I think they must have been referring to xenical x

I thought xenical was just the marketing name for orlistat? I think maybe he just got confused with the manufacturing problems x

Back