orlistat no supply :(

Yeah I think that's right but Xenical aren't making orlistat anymore.. It will be teva x

I think Roche are going to be making Xenical, once they sort out the problems with their plant, but it will probably be the generic Orlistat, made by Teva, which is available the soonest. x

TracyGWill said:
I think Roche are going to be making Xenical, once they sort out the problems with their plant, but it will probably be the generic Orlistat, made by Teva, which is available the soonest. x

Roche have advised pharmacies they have it in production again

Lexie2005 said:
Roche have advised pharmacies they have it in production again

Ooo really so sometime soon then :) x

I was really panicking as I was phoning around trying to find my next box and the pharmacist said that orlistat was not being made anymore! So that's deffo not true?

xAlisonx said:
I was really panicking as I was phoning around trying to find my next box and the pharmacist said that orlistat was not being made anymore! So that's deffo not true?

Not as far as I can tell, from reading up on t'internet. ;)

Not as far as I can tell, from reading up on t'internet. ;)

I got my first monthly supply today at a Co-op 3.5 miles away. I'm in Glasgow. Yippie. Shame it was the only one though the pharmacist said they are difficult to come by due to manufacturing problems but they try to stock on it I'd they can

can't get any here too. got 2 prescriptions that are in the chemist but im not really bothered anymore. been off xen for 8 weeks and have still lost 8 pounds a month on my own. as long as u stick to your healthy diet and excersise then your still gonna lose the weight. no need to get paniky because there is no 'xen' . they dont help much anyway. maybe at the start of the diet it might help u lose 1 to 2 pound a month more. so not much point. xx

Just phoned around most of the chemists in South Brum but no joy. Most are saying they'll be back in stock in the beggining of June. I'm worried about managing without them but hey-ho I'll just have to hope for the best unless they come into stock within the next two weeks

Kayee said:
can't get any here too. got 2 prescriptions that are in the chemist but im not really bothered anymore. been off xen for 8 weeks and have still lost 8 pounds a month on my own. as long as u stick to your healthy diet and excersise then your still gonna lose the weight. no need to get paniky because there is no 'xen' . they dont help much anyway. maybe at the start of the diet it might help u lose 1 to 2 pound a month more. so not much point. xx

To a big extent I agree Kayee but I know for me for the 4 months I took them they were willpower so I understand people feeling like they need them x

I haven't been able to get hold of any Orlistat for 2 weeks now. I do feel like I need them! :cry:
Seems different pharmacies are being given different information. I certainly can't get any communication from the pharmacists I have spoken to though I'm sure they are fed up with being asked all the time.

jean10 said:
Hi all,
I've been told makers have lost licence.

That doesn't appear to be true, according to the various updates on the web. It should be available again next month, apparently.

I haven't been able to get hold of any Orlistat for 2 weeks now. I do feel like I need them! :cry:
Seems different pharmacies are being given different information. I certainly can't get any communication from the pharmacists I have spoken to though I'm sure they are fed up with being asked all the time.
Hi Roo, how are you coping without them? Are you still managing a loss? I think I've got around 2 to 4 weeks left then I'll be going it alone. I'm determined to really try my hardest without them though even though I'm panicking and don't feel I'm ready yet to go it alone lol

As I've said before Roche (xenical) have sent a letter out to pharmacies to say manufacturing problems resolved & it's back in production & should be back in next month. This information came from my friend who is a dispenser for Co-op pharmacy

my gp gave these to me, im in the north west and been told by 5 chemists that i will have no chance of getting them :(

jaxmummy said:
my gp gave these to me, im in the north west and been told by 5 chemists that i will have no chance of getting them :(

At present they are probably right but they are back in production. My advice would be start to eat as though you are on them then when you managed to fill your prescription it won't be as hard. Good Luck

Hi Alison. I have put on 3 pounds. Totally deserved! Without the Orlistat side effects I have been less motivated. I'm going to pay attention to what Lexie said and pretend I'm taking them anyway. Its probably a good learning curve for me anyway, as we'll all have to come off them eventually.

Back