OT - anyone know a good career counsellor

ladykeltik

Thinking of leaving teaching altogether, but have no clue what skills I have that are transferrable to other careers, or even what other career I want!!!!

Anyone know of a good career counsellor that can help me assess all this and point me in the right direction of a new career?

Thanks

Leighann

Hi Leighann

You could try asking at your local Job Centre if they know of any Careers Counsellors in your area.

Failing that, I'm a qualified Life Coach and previously trained as a Careers Guidance Counsellor (although I never worked in that field professionally) .. so if there's anything I can do to help, by all means PM me :)

Thanks Sharon

Unfortunately, no luck with finding a careers counsellor yet.. but still on the lookout. I just need someone who can help me decipher my skills (ie I know that I have classroom management skills, but what does that transfer over to in another profession), and then help me narrow down the fields so I can start looking.

Im tired of my career, I am totally burnt out. I feel physcially sick every morning at the thought of going to work, so I know its time to get out!

I will keep looking though.

Leighann

hiya,
Well, not entirely sure of your options, however..have you ever read the TES forums? (Help for Teachers in Secondary and Primary Education - TES - The Times Educational Supplement)
Well, im sure someone recenlty posted asking for help on career options after teaching. Like you, they were fed up!!
Im not there yet, but havent been teaching for long...so give it time!! :D

Check it out - especially the professional development room. Im sure it was there I read it. If not, ask for help on there. There should be loads of people to help!

Hope this was useful. :)

Back