(OT) FAME remake

I will succeed!!!
Has anyone else seen Fame? I went on Saturday and was really dissapointed by it!

I've never seen the original, but I had thought it would be much more exciting than it was. It's not terrible don't get me wrong, but there was not enough dancing etc in it for me.

What did you all think? x

Have only seen the trailers and a video of the new theme tune (I assume) and can't say I'm inclined to watch it. Perhaps it is a grower?

Liz

My daughter wants to go, I loved fame when I was a kid and don't want to be let down by this one. She was so shocked when I said it was a remake, it's times like those which make me feel old!!!

I saw the original years ago when I was obsessed with Grease, Dirty Dancing, Footloose etc and didn't think much of it so haven't been inclined to go watch a remake which never compare anyway. From the marketing I've seen it looks like it's mainly aimed at the teen/late teen bracket.

I went last night with my friend and my son (14). We thought it was OK (not enough happened to the characters and the camera was TOO CLOSE to everything) but my son loved it. He wants to go again with his friends!

I was also really annoyed by the fact that they had a young black man in the film and felt obliged to make him from the streets and mourning a drive-by victim (yawn). How hackneyed can you get?

I agree - there were too many cliche storylines that most films seem to cover atm. It's stereotypical and given it's a PG I thought it wrong to give the impression certain people live the same type of lifestyle. I agree real issues should be approached, but two of the main characters were from families who dissaproved of their choices etc and who had to fib about it - not a good message to put out is it?

x

hi there i must be the only one here who loved it ! never seen orginal so had nothing to compare it 2 but might change mind if ever get round to watching it .

No. I prefer the message in Grease:

"Girls, if you want to get a boyfriend, you have to dress like a wh**e and start smoking!".

hahaha my mum refused to let me watch greese till i was 18 because she said it would make me dress like a tart and smoke...

I saw the new fame and i was really dissapointed prefer the old one - but the 3 teenage girls who i took loved it kept saying it was just like the streets???????

I loved the old one so I'll wait till it comes round on tv. I liked the little one with fuzzy hair cos she had dumpy legs! (oh and I saw the cast getting off a coach to go into their hotel in Manchester) I'm SO OLD!

I don't want to see it..............couldn't watch a remake of footloose, breakfast club etc etc either - sacrilege!!! There are talks of a remake of Pretty Woman - boy do I feel old ? :eek:

Oh great, thanks - going to have "Hi Fidelity" stuck in my head all day now.....;)

xx

I don't want to see it..............couldn't watch a remake of footloose, breakfast club etc etc either - sacrilege!!! There are talks of a remake of Pretty Woman - boy do I feel old ? :eek:

Oh great, thanks - going to have "Hi Fidelity" stuck in my head all day now.....;)

xx

They wanna be KIDDING about touching Pretty Woman! Nooooooooooooooo!!!

urrgghhh why do they have to remake everything - ive not seen one remake thats better then the original it replaced :mad:

My friend saw it last night & said she was really disappointed. I thought the trailer looked good, more modern but Ive never seen the original so maybe I won't be disappointed as I'll have nothing to compare it to! Hoping to see it this weekend.

Back