OT: Friend Help

missclare85

Silver Member
I wanted a bit of advice please!

Ive got this friend........known her since i was in school......we fell out when we were in college for 5 years as she generally treated me like s**t!

Now last Feb we got back intouch became really good mates again BUT then we went from being out every night, txting numerous times a day to NOTHING for weeks on end..........she became single an the txts starting coming again an THEN she started going out with my younger brother which didnt really bother me, but she treated him like dirt, i bit my tongue and said nothing.......... and as ususal i didnt here from her..........then they finished..........less then a week later she was with someone else!

Now last week she txt me i hadnt heard from her in over a month, she said she might be preg so i went a bought her a preg test was neg n that was it!

Little over a week on shes split up with her fella...........and guess what........shes txting again, its annoying and upsetting me that she only seems to be around when shes single or in trouble! I just dont know what to do! :confused::(

OOh tough one but she doesn't sound like much of a friend to me. A real friend wouldn't pick you up and drop you at her convenience.

On the other hand, some people get so wrapped up in a new relationship the lose touch with everyone....maybe she doesn't realise she does it.

Have you spoken to her about it at all?

ive taken into consideration the whole new relationships, honey moon preiods and stuff like that but i still get annoyed! i know i probably shouldnt!

No i havent spoken to her about as the only time she speaks to me anyways as i said before if she shes having crap so dont want to start moaning about me!

To be honest i dont think she realises she does it!

Argh!

I know how you feel, it's not nice to be used by someone.

On the plus side, you must be a good friend to her if she always runs to you when she is in trouble!!

Tell her straight how you feel and if she dont like it tell her to lump it.

You should always always be honest and truthfull with your friends. Now i dont have a huge group of friends but i have a handfull of very close friends and our relationship is always honest and open. If one says does my bum look big - if it does i tell em and vice versa.

Infact no relationship will work without ya both being honest with each other so just tell her.

Honesty really is the best policy :)

sweetie shes not a friend a true friend dont do that shes just falling back on old reliable and its not fair on you if she treated you like dirt before and now using you like a door mat then your better off without her im sorry to be so blunt but she must think its ok to do what she is doing so its up to you you either wipe ya hands of her or put up with it i wouldnt put up with it myself but it is up to you, you have to ask yourself when shes not around do you really need her as a friend and also is she there for you as a friend if both answers are no then you know what to do wish u well xxxx

Tell her straight how you feel and if she dont like it tell her to lump it.

You should always always be honest and truthfull with your friends. Now i dont have a huge group of friends but i have a handfull of very close friends and our relationship is always honest and open. If one says does my bum look big - if it does i tell em and vice versa.

Infact no relationship will work without ya both being honest with each other so just tell her.

Honesty really is the best policy :)

Your so right honesty is the best policy! i just dont know how to tell her lol! ill think of something tho!

sweetie shes not a friend a true friend dont do that shes just falling back on old reliable and its not fair on you if she treated you like dirt before and now using you like a door mat then your better off without her im sorry to be so blunt but she must think its ok to do what she is doing so its up to you you either wipe ya hands of her or put up with it i wouldnt put up with it myself but it is up to you, you have to ask yourself when shes not around do you really need her as a friend and also is she there for you as a friend if both answers are no then you know what to do wish u well xxxx

No no your not being blunt at all! i get were your coming from completely! To be honest i dont need her as a friend an no shes not there for me when i have troubles but at the end of the day shes got no one!
im going to have words with her, jsut need to pick my time and words but needs to be sooner then later! x

You need to be less available to her IMHO. If you don't txt back - say you're too busy to take her call right now but you'll ring her back and don't .... she'll be asking YOU what's the matter - there's your opening .....

Just a suggestion. Good Luck x

It's a scouse thing ..... ;) x

Back