OT Sorry men.Mirenal coil or exercise weight gain?

Muscle takes up less area hun, i've been doing exercise and it is right you are smaller with it then without it. Put it this way, i am wearing the "skinnier" clothes i was in last year when i was around 14.7 i'm back in them now with all the exercise and i weigh 15.3 so a whole 10lbs heavier and yep it's great to be in them but i wish i could get out of the 15's as i'm sick of seeing that number and 14's seem much kinder lol xxx

My weightloss has slowed so much with the exercise but it's keeping my moods lifted ( have bouts of depression on and off ) and my fitness is so much better.

when i was swimming constantly 6hrs in 3 days for about 6 weeks i didn't lose any sts each week... havent been swimming for two weeks and this week lost 3lbs ... not saying that it's because ive not exercised.. but thinking about it, may be a reason for it.

it shocks me when i hear about people who are about 11st are just getting into the 14s or 12s clothes size, but i've been in them for a while and now fit into some size 10s and i'm 12st ... i've even fitted into a size 8 cardy! ... so must be even though i'm not losing weight i'm losing fat but being replaced with muscle using less room but making me sts

maybe that week off is what you need hun cut back off the exercise... still do some just not as much then keep 100% or slight hic-up here and there extra small treat and see what that does :)

fab 1.5lbs off though!! well done :) at least it's coming off i know it's annoying but you will get there xxx

Thanx Hun, super well done on your loss know you've worked hard each week to get it off.
I totally agree with dress sizes I am 14st 4 and have a size 16 on in alot of clothes so the exercise must shrunk us lol but why do we need to see the scales numbers shrink, lol , I see big losses for people who don't exercise so it must be this I suppose , loads of exercise scales sts, no exercise bigger losses .
Tbh I'm scared to go off plan but if we go away next week I won't be exercising just swimming po with kids and walking, tennis etc with the kids.

What will you do carry on exercising or not?? Super well done in the small clothes sizes xx

Thanx Hun, super well done on your loss know you've worked hard each week to get it off.
I totally agree with dress sizes I am 14st 4 and have a size 16 on in alot of clothes so the exercise must shrunk us lol but why do we need to see the scales numbers shrink, lol , I see big losses for people who don't exercise so it must be this I suppose , loads of exercise scales sts, no exercise bigger losses .
Tbh I'm scared to go off plan but if we go away next week I won't be exercising just swimming po with kids and walking, tennis etc with the kids.

What will you do carry on exercising or not?? Super well done in the small clothes sizes xx

erm i don't know really, like yourself i'm not 100% sure that's the reason to why i'm losing weight.. and then not losing weight, ideally i don't want to go back swimming until the school kids go back so couple of weeks, but yet i feel so yuck for not doing exercise tbh makes me feel down and frumpy if i don't do anything, so i will see what this week holds as ive done wendy plan and also no exercise what so ever, so might keep at this until i want to do swimming again and then see how it changes my weight tbh though saying that, i'd rather look good as in lose the inches to fit into smaller clothes than bother about my actual weight, because when people see you they don't go oh gosh you look about 12st.... they say oh my gosh you LOOK good :D so as long as your looking good no one knows your weight unless you wear it on you like a badge! hehe xxx

hey hun,

As its been said muscle is denser so takes up less space in the body. im a size 14-16 at the moment, but weighing 12 stone 10 i should be more 16-18, and ive been doing exercise regliously. just think aswell though, muscle burns calories when you are at rest, so u can be watching telly and still burning those calories, fat on the other hand only burns not even half the amount of calories at rest.

i may do an experiement and see if I lose again this week, but not exercise as much, if I still lose, continue to do this till i hit goal and then continue to exercise to get the inche loss down.

Ive lost the inches from my arms by using weighs and doing the upper body workout on my biggest loser dvd. xx

Well well well, just what i needed this. I know for a fact that Im going to up up or sts this week. I was out on Fri night but had loads of saved points and A/P's that I never use. The rest of the time - 100%. Yesterday I struggled with terrible cranky mood, today, feeling a bit the same, and Ive recognised that its coming up to TOTM, even though I have the mirena, (2nd one) I have seen a pattern develop in both weight and mood. Thats the thing with the mirena, we dont get periods as such, but I know I get all the other things - moods, crankyness, water retention, sore boobs, you name it. The only benefit to having it is the lack of monthlies and babies.
Im heading off to the chemist now to get some waterfall tabs. I know for sure Im retaining water. Also, I slipped in the kitchen yesterday and hurt my back, so giving the gym a miss. I find the gym great for mentallity but not sure about the exercise. Gillian Michaels says that dont ever trust the calorie thing on the machines, they are not accurate. My ww leader goes walking for an hour most days but says that she only earns about 2 points for it. What Im trying to say is that unless you are doing Biggest Loser workouts (ie 3-4 hrs a day), its more about food than anything. In fact, I think those that just do ww 100% and no exercise have better losses BUT, exercise is good for us, so its better to get out there and do it.

Sorry for the waffle, but just to say, I know where you are at. And consequently, Ive failed today - eaten 20 points already in a misery overeating session. Grr. Actually, probs havent failed, just not really got many points left for the day!! lol.

xx

Ive lost the inches from my arms by using weighs and doing the upper body workout on my biggest loser dvd. xx

what weights do you do please are those at the gym? my arms lose inches so slowly! ive got lil weights at home, and the biggest loser wii game, but not the dvd is it any good??

thank you! i'm going to do the same this week see how i WI without exercise at all and if i lose i know to limit myself when i'm exercising! sillyness really, either exercise and lose inches but sts weight, or dont exercise and lose weight :D

I use 3kg weights that I use at home. i do the 'body weight blast', and 'full body fatburn' workouts on the Biggest loser 'New year . New you' workout DVD. its about £5 from amazon. x

omg amazing thank you!! was thinking you was going to say you lift loads of weights at the gym then! hehe :D excellent news i have a 4.5kg weight and below at home so can use those and ill get on to getting that dvd!! thankyou v much!! xx

I bought the shake weight for a tenner from ebay and it's brill, google it if you're not sure what it is..... and i've got that 30 day shred on it's way from amazon, but think i might actually die doing that lol.....i've been doing couch 2 5k aswell x

surely the shake weight thing doesn't work?? you just hold it whilst it shakes don't you?? lol have you actually lost inches from arms by just using this??? :D

it doesn't shake lol you gently shake it up and down...........i've lost inches whether it's from that i don't know, but i do know i can feel they workout with it and you get a dvd to do with it x

Back