(OT) The Timetraveller's Wife

I will succeed!!!
Saw it last night - loved it. Made me cry a lot but laugh a lot too.

Worth seeing!

:D

I saw it last week...lovely! I also cried a lot and laughed a lot too. I'm a sucker for a soppy story.

It was 99% void of the emotion in the book.
A kind of dulled down version and missed out vital parts of the story.
If you cried at the film you'd be hysterical with the book.
If you like reading i'd defo recommend it.

X

yeah, deffintaly concidering getting the book

Saw it last thursday with mother, (as no one else would come with me sob.. lol)

Quite simalar to marley and me in the sence it pulls you in, gets you emotional attached and then makes you cry, has to be said though.. i really was hysterical at amrley and me and missed the last 10 mins and OH decided i couldnt cope LOL.

I loves TTW, thought it was fab and really sweet, and quite an interesting and different story to most recent films.

I saw a trailer for shutter island, which is a thriller staring leonardo di-caprio, whos hot :p lol.. based on a mental hosp for the criminally insane on a island me thinks.. yay! x

It was 99% void of the emotion in the book.
A kind of dulled down version and missed out vital parts of the story.
If you cried at the film you'd be hysterical with the book.
If you like reading i'd defo recommend it.

X

Crikey! Will be buying the book then me thinks!

Ive got about 100 pages to go in the book. Cant say Im gripped to which is a shame as I was so excited when my friend recommended it to me but I do want to see the film x

I would like to see this film as I like Rachel McAdams as an actress and also as i havem't read the book. I end up going to see a film and then being disappointed as I've read the book first so I'm determined to see this film before reading the book.

I saw the book last night with my boyfriend, his response i would like to travel back in time to get my 2 hours back lol!

I am undecided i thought it was okay, couldnt really see the point of the story tbh!

I saw the book last night with my boyfriend, his response i would like to travel back in time to get my 2 hours back lol!

I am undecided i thought it was okay, couldnt really see the point of the story tbh!

LOL!

I don't think there is a point perse, it's just a love story but it's nice to see one done from a different angle other than 'meet, part, meet again' or 'meet, with other people, anguish and torment and then get together' type stuff. It's defiantely 'different' from most love story films and made me go home and give the OH a long hug, just happy he's there always and (hopefully) always will be lol :D

The book is 100 times better - gets so much more across than the movie and I think I read it cover to cover without stopping!! I read it a while ago, a couple of years...and I'm glad I didn't see the film immediately after the book, as I think I'd have been a bit disappointed with it.

I think that was why I was disappointed with the film, I read the book too close.
I should maybe have waited for it to come out on dvd.

I had a very similar experience with 'PS I Love You' :-(

But then I love Harry Potter movies, but have never read the books. People tell me i'm missing out.

I had a very similar experience with 'PS I Love You' :-(

But then I love Harry Potter movies, but have never read the books. People tell me i'm missing out.

same, damn that ps i love you! thought the movie was crap..

.. i read teh first 2 h.p books when i was v young when they first came out. . but havnt bothered since, iv heard the latest movie isnt as good as the previous ones, so havnt bothered with the movie either.. shame!

Back