OT - Wedding dress cleaning

Watergirl

Rock Solid
Hope someone can help.
Am having a clear out of clothes to try and raise money for holiday and new clothes!

I got married in 2005(since divorced) and never got my wedding dress cleaned to sell. TBH I just didn't want to look at it let alone pay to get it cleaned. Was also worried I'd spend £50 getting it cleaned and boxed and it wouldn't sell and I would have wasted money that I didn't have (I stayed in the house as it was mine, but it meant my bills were twice as much with just me paying and money was tight)

Now it's been 4 years since the wedding and I don't know if it's cleanable :confused:
It has a few marks down the front, which I think were from the tomato dish (which is always hard to get out) and just the general marks at the bottom where it's been worn.

Has anyone got an ideas what I can do? Should I pay to get it cleaned and, if so, what sort of price is a good price?
Or should I have a go at getting rid of the stains myself and what would I use to do this?

Or should I sell it warts and all for £100 and let someone else do it, but risk no-one wanting it?

It cost £800 and is incredibly flattering. Wore it when I was a 16 and it made me look at 12-14 with the way it pulled me in, so hoping someone will like it.

Basically don't want it lying around the house anymore and wondered if I could make anything from it.

Back