OT Weekend in London- Ideas Please

Gemma

Gold Member
Me and my partner are off for a tourist weekend in London, has anyone got any must see attractions, my boyfriend doesn't seem to think Primark on Oxford Street counts :(

Off the top of my head:
London Eye and wander along the South Bank
Covent Garden market - good shops, good market and watch the buskers
A walk through one of the London parks - St James's is my favourite
If you like art, the National Gallery is good, but don't try to do it all - there is a good 'highlights' tour
national Portrait gallery (just round the corner in St Martin's Lane) also interesting
Liberty's is a nice posh shop to visit (Regent Street) - I prefer it to Harrods but of course Harrods is a bit of a tourist must-do <shudder>
Museums - national history, science, imperial war, courtauld gallery - it really does depend on how you want to spend your time.
The 'Duck' tour is fun The Official London Ducktours
What about a guided walk - there are loads on this site London Tours - Visit London - we did a jack the ripper one which was fun, but there are hundreds to choose from
Actually that visitlondon site has loads of stuff to look through - some interesting ideas there I think.

HTH
Liz

If you see a show, you MUST see Lion King - I had goosebumps the whole way through! And I love Covent Garden, could spend all day just there! Hope you have a fab time! xx

hmmm there's lots of things to do in London, have you been here before? Do you want real tourist stuff or just fun stuff?

My favourite thing to do in London is go to the markets:

Camden is querky crazy but open both days, and watching the boats go through the lock is cool.

Saturday market -
Borough: is my fav but not good if you're on CD as it's the foodie one, where you get to taste all kinds of sweets, pates, cheeses, meats, jams, oils - mmmm, but it's just by London bridge which is a cool area that leads past The Globe to Southbank, and the eye.

Sunday markets -
Columbia rd flower market
Bricklane markets

Check out a show perhaps? If you walk around piccadilly you can see the shops that sell cheap tickets for shows that play that night, you might get a good deal.

Back