Other people attitudes

debsxdiet

Silver Member
Grrrrrr my boyfriend has been on one tonight about how this 'diet' cannot possibly work and substantiates everything he says. Its physically impossible etc etc grrrrrrr im gona go to work next week and get more of the same comments x

Just smile sweetly, keep quiet and prove him wrong..... it'll tie him in knots trying to figure out how it DOES work! :p

I also think he's not being very supportive for you :(

To be fair I have started numerous diets whilst with him lol. He prob knows im stubborn and if he says I cant do it im likely to bend over backwards to prove him wrong haha. Thanks for the advice, think it helps just to be able to write here. Xx

just wait till those pounds start falling off and he will have to eat his words! ...keep going and good luck x

I hope those words r full of calories and he gets fat hahaha x

How many of us thought the same thing when we first started SW lol? How could we possibly eat all this food and still lose weight?!

but really, why should anyone else get a say in what you do your body. Thank him for his input and then just carry on doing whatever is right for you. xx

Well you can tell him that this hungry male hippo has been stuffing his face on sw since February and has lost nearly 3st!

Thanks every one and wow mr male hippo very impressive x

Well you can tell him that this hungry male hippo has been stuffing his face on sw since February and has lost nearly 3st!

Love it lol. Also tell him this little hippo eats plenty and has been losing weight too :)
I hate when people judge a diet when they know nothing about it too lol xxxx

It does sound ridiculous, doesn't it? But if we replace high calorie foods with low calorie, nutritious foods as well as our speed foods, how can we NOT lose weight? For me, it's about getting used to eating foods which are good for me - Without SW, I don't get anywhere near my 5 a day, but now it's easy as (low-calorie) pie :D

The plan is basically food combining when it comes down to it at least on the red and green plans. The basic rule of food combining is that proteins and carbs are digested at different rates. So when you eat them together you end up bloated and sluggish with no real weight loss. When you eat them separately (ie limited carbs on red and little meat on green) then the body optimises what it is given and you don't feel bloated etc and you lose weight.

I'm trying to figure out where EE comes into play in this and I think it has to do with the 1/3 superfree as that forces you to cut down on protein and carbs naturally that way. Not totally sure about this plan, but the other two follow food combining

It does work hun, trust me. When I first tried to join SW way back in 2011 my "then" boyfriend said exactly the same thing. He would go out of his way to encourage me to eat cakes and sweets. He had issues, serious issues lol When I had my first weigh in I lost 8 and half pounds. He didn't believe me and said that I had somehow changed the weight and got a new book (whatever) It was so hard fighting against him, in the end I quit after two weeks. It was really hard listening to him put me and the plan down.

Thankfully since then I have left him and restarted Slimming World 12 weeks ago to the day and in that time have lost 2 and half stone. I only wish I kept going when I first started. Don't let other peoples attitudes, beliefs change or deter you and your journey. No matter who they are! Do what's right for you. Good Luck :) xx

Last edited:
It works! ignore him. My boyfriend used to be the same until he did the plan with me for 3 weeks and discovered that he could have a takeaway every week and still lose weight... safe to say it has shut him up forever now! Xx

Grrrrrr my boyfriend has been on one tonight about how this 'diet' cannot possibly work and substantiates everything he says. Its physically impossible etc etc grrrrrrr im gona go to work next week and get more of the same comments x
You've just got to ignore him and carry on with the plan and see how much weight you lose :) you don't need to tell anyone at work, just say you fancied a change if they ask why you've got salad instead of a sandwhich x

I have been told it won't work, it doesn't teach portion control & I will binge on carbs all day every day. 5 stone less later, I couldn't care less what anyone says. It's worked for me and that's all i'm worried about. Let them feel like a smart arse, you will have the last laugh.

I started few weeks back now and loving it and so far so good feeling very positive and confident this is the way for me

Stay as focused and as positive as possible and ignore negative comments no matter who they are from believe in yourself !!!

Best of luck to ya :)

Back