other peoples ideas when struggling

lizzielipps said:
:D:DDont put yourself down you look amazing on your picture!! life is too short for feeling negative, You should be proud of your amazing achievements!! Maybe you need a trip to the shops to try some smaller clothes on!! even if you don't buy you feel totaly amazed when you fit in the clothes you never thought you would again!!

Thanks Lizzie. I did go shopping yesterday and bought a new pair of jeans in 1 size smaller. I have the exact same pair in the next size up!

I go on here and read all the inspirational people who have lost so much weight and it makes my small amount seem insignificant .but it keeps me positive ...if they can lose 3 or 4 stone I CAN loose 1 stone .

Yes you can, keep at it, it will come off beautifully. And look at all the lovely free food you can fill up on!

I go on here and read all the inspirational people who have lost so much weight and it makes my small amount seem insignificant .but it keeps me positive ...if they can lose 3 or 4 stone I CAN loose 1 stone .

I heard so many people say "only lost 3stone" or "compared to my measly 3.5stone" on Friday night and it irritates me no end. As I said to one lady walking across the car park who had told me such a thing - there is no "measly", it doesn't matter if you're male or female, young or old, got 7lb or 25stone to lose - everyone's journey is different and personal and important to them. And I find inspiration from everyone who has walked through those doors (which can be the most difficult part of the journey), and made that commitment to change their life for the better.

I heard so many people say "only lost 3stone" or "compared to my measly 3.5stone" on Friday night and it irritates me no end. As I said to one lady walking across the car park who had told me such a thing - there is no "measly", it doesn't matter if you're male or female, young or old, got 7lb or 25stone to lose - everyone's journey is different and personal and important to them. And I find inspiration from everyone who has walked through those doors (which can be the most difficult part of the journey), and made that commitment to change their life for the better.

I have to agree with this one and as one of those in the "lots to lose camp" all those who decide to lose weight much earlier on -be it a couple of stones or a few lbs they want/need to lose have my upmost respect for getting it in hand early on :happy096:-I wish I had done the same...
My mum has now started SW she is 71 and has always done WW (Im coaching her over the phone :p).... now since I am getting on with it she has decided to give it a whirl and the biggest change in her was the other day when she lost 1lb -she didn't say "only" in front of it :clap: I commented on it and she said that she had realised that I never say "Only/just" 1lb and she had decided to be positive too :clap:

I have a rucksack with the weight in i have lost and if i'm feeling an urge to raid the kitchen, i put my rucksack on and walk around the house for a bit.

Can I just ask exactly what you put in this rucksack? It sounds like an absoloutely fantastic idea but I'm not sure what I'd fill it with!

Back