out of choices (sigh)

cherylxx

Silver Member
well, i am having little choice but to move over to the SW diet (the only other diet i know works for me).
The thing is i really love CD but im at the risk of ending up in hospital with constipation.
Have been thinking about moving over for a month or so just to get my body 'functioning' properly.
Went to the docs this morning and she told me i am putting my health at risk with the unresolved constipation.
i take maximum dose fibre suppliment(sometimes more than recommended dose TBH), plus have started taking laxatives just about every night. in the last 3 weeks ive 'been' to the toilet twice :eek: and even though the last time (last friday) was looser than i expected (sorry, TMI), it wasnt much and i wasnt left with the relief u expect.
Now my tummy is hard and bloated and very tender, also getting pains in my lower back which doctor said will be as a direct result of the pressure :cry:.
so, i will be weighing in on thursday as usual and then moving onto SW for a while.
I plan to start off on low carb red days for a while to reduce the risk of carb overload and horrible water weight but i do plan on coming back to CD again (i have a long journey ahead yet and want to finish the journey on CD) and i hope i will be welcome here in the meantime.
:wave_cry:

hi cheryl, so sorry to hear about the trouble your having. Your health comes first and your making a good choice.You will be more than welcome on here. You have done so well with cd, and we will all be here when you get back to it. Enjoy SW just stick to it and the weight will keep coming off.

becky xx

Awww! Good luck hun, and I hope you start to feel better very soon!!!
Keep us posted on how you are doing. x

Really hope you get your health issues resolved by switching over and wishing you loads & loads of luck. Of course you're always welcome, so dont be a stranger & keep us posted xx

thank you ladies :).
weird how i actually feel sad to be leaving CD ( even if its only a temperary thing ).
i am looking forward to eating but i feel like im leaving a friend behind:eek:

I know how hard it's been for you to reach this decision. Enjoy the break for a couple of months, the CD will be waiting for you upon your return! XXX

sorry to hear all the trouble your having good luck with SW and let us all know how your getting on hope to see you back soon xxx

Oh Cheryl I am so sorry you are suffering like this, I think you are making a very wise decision to move to something else, and give your body a break for a while. I was on the verge of giving in for toilet reasons myself but luckily I responded to the fiber supplements.

I hope that you are feeling better soon hun (((hugs)))

thank you all for the lovely replies :).
i will continue to post on here (but not with regards to food obviously ;)).
walking away from CD is hard but walking away from this forum, well thats asking too much :D

ty dancing.
making the most of the last few days of shakes now.
never enjoyed a chocolate mint shake quite like my breakfast this morning.... weird huh.
gonna miss it :(.
i must be soooo weird.
looking forward to the food aspect but dreading it at the same time.... freedom of choice is scary:eek:

good luck with the change over

stay focussed and hope your health improves with the swap

Back