Out of ketosis..how?

wellandgood

Silver Member
I have been reading some peoples posts and a few have mentioned they they came out of ketosis. Why or how does this happen if you are sticking to the diet? what are the consequences? hw do you get back into ketosis? now Im worried(or should I be?):confused::confused::confused:

this confuses me too, i didnt think you could come out of ketosis if you stuck it 100%

If you are sticking to the diet 100% then you shouldnt come out of ketosis, but in the beginning i emailed lipotrim as the ketostix were showing I was not in ketosis. I got told you must be in ketosis, but the urine is diluted with the amounts of water. The stix are not 100% accurate.

I stopped using them after that and somedays it felt like I wasnt in ketosis, purely because there was no bad breath, the Pharmacist told me that I definitely would be.

I have been reading some peoples posts and a few have mentioned they they came out of ketosis.

Some people think they are out of ketosis because the stix aren't giving a positive reading. The only way you can really get an accurate recording is having a blood test.

Why or how does this happen if you are sticking to the diet?
It doesn't usually.

what are the consequences?
If a person comes out of ketosis, they can get hungrier. If they test and the stix come out beige, they may assume they are out of ketosis and throw the bottle of stix at the other half and consume the entire contents of the fridge.

Apart from the hunger thing, little happens for us to be concerned with. Work through the hunger (which is likely to be a very short time if you've just 'slipped' out, and you'll not know the difference.

now Im worried(or should I be?):confused::confused::confused:
No, you shouldn't be ;) Enough to worry about with poor DH lying on floor having been knocked out with a bottle of ketostix :D

The others are right hun! You shouldn't be worried! I wasn't well and the doc did some tests which showed that i wasn't in it because i had fallen pregnant and miscarried 2 months on before i even knew i was pregnant. My body had taken itself out of ketosis in order to prepare for pregnancy thats all. So i really wouldn't be worried about it. Even when that happened i was still losing weight due to the fact that ketosis or not, we are still only living on 425 calories a day lol xx

Thanks everyone. I didnt even know about the sticks. I guess i wont worry (even if I get a bit hungry) as long as Im still losing weight. i will stay away from the sticks as they may add to my worries especially if they are not 100%. cheers

Wellandgood, must be your weigh in soon? I have mine tomorrow and am not expecting great things but we'll see. I can tell I haven't lost loads but just 4lbs I'd be happy with.
Well good luck to you

Wellandgood, must be your weigh in soon? I have mine tomorrow and am not expecting great things but we'll see. I can tell I haven't lost loads but just 4lbs I'd be happy with.
Well good luck to you

Not expecting great things??? ..... 'Just' 4lbs .... Blimey!! :) ;)

Back