Out of ketosis??

fatbegone

I was ill the other day and had to miss a couple of food packs..now it says I am out of ketosis :/

Should I drop the bars for a week to get back in it?

dont understand,did you just not have a couple of packs or have you been off plan? x

I just had two packs rather than 4, as I was feeling so sick. My counsellor says it may have knocked me out of ketosis but I dont know if I should drop the bars to get back on it?

Oh right ,I wouldnt think it would take you long to get back into ketosis but maybe missing out the bars if you can would help have you done a keto stick test as I know if I do one within a couple of hours of having a pack im not in ketosis x

well I am on lighter life at the mo, but starting cambridge on Friday so may just start afresh minus the bars for a few days..thanks :)

I'm not really sure that it matters. The sticks are notorious for being rubbish! I never use them. I've had a few weekends of drinking a bottle of wine and mainly eating protein, but I've also sneaked a little chocolate - I'm still losing weight though - I've obviously not been in ketosis for half a week, but lost 3lbs. I also don't totally think that being in ketosis or not makes much difference. I do feel slightly less hungry I suppose when I'm being totally 100%, but to be honest I don't feel that much different!

My advice, carry on as you were - have your bars!! You'll still lose weight, mark my words, oh, and don't get obsessed over being in ketosis or not ;)

With CD, do you get checked every week to see if you are in ketosis? With LL we have to have a pee check every week lol think this is why I get so paranoid!!

I'm not really sure that it matters. The sticks are notorious for being rubbish! I never use them. I've had a few weekends of drinking a bottle of wine and mainly eating protein, but I've also sneaked a little chocolate - I'm still losing weight though - I've obviously not been in ketosis for half a week, but lost 3lbs. I also don't totally think that being in ketosis or not makes much difference. I do feel slightly less hungry I suppose when I'm being totally 100%, but to be honest I don't feel that much different!
My advice, carry on as you were - have your bars!! You'll still lose weight, mark my words, oh, and don't get obsessed over being in ketosis or not ;)
lol I dont use the sticks anymore I became obsessed so i dont know if i am or if im not i prefer it that way!I do have to do a stick when i see cdc and have always been pink!! x

With CD, do you get checked every week to see if you are in ketosis? With LL we have to have a pee check every week lol think this is why I get so paranoid!!

I think it depends on the CDC, mine has never ever checked. But then I don't think mine is really arsed either :8855:
Grim but true!!! I also find that Ketosis only really takes an edge off, I'm not in the big K today but have been find, mind over matter I suppose? Do what suits you and feels best x

Mine was never done on LL, and not on CWP either - although my counsellor did give me a couple of sticks that I pee'd on and they did change colour but I didn't hold much stock in any of it. If you are eating foodpacks every day and having your protein only, you absolutely will lose weight. Even when I must be in ketosis, at 4-5pm-ish I'm starving most days! Probably mind over matter and all that, so I don't know, but I don't think about ketosis at all!

on the ketostix pack it says that the sticks dont necessarily always show you in ketosis... it says that you can still be in ketosis and it wont appear on the stick.. does that make any sense? i dont see how you could go out of ketosis for missing a pack.. i thought it would only happen if u ate out of the plan... :S but i would go with the theory that the ketostix arent perfect.

and even if it did knock you out of ketosis i wouldnt worry too much.. i doubt it will take u long to get back in xx

I used to be quite obsessed with the sticks. I agree with some of the others that they don't make much odds as I always feel hungry. I don't lose weight if I've eaten too much of something I shouldn't, end of. Also, like many of us I've been a slave to the scales as well so they are now without batteries and I won't know losses til my next weigh in. I'm struggling a bit this week and not having the scales is really helping keep me as much on track as possible.
Good luck to all of you on your journeys.

M x

I used to be quite obsessed with the sticks. I agree with some of the others that they don't make much odds as I always feel hungry. I don't lose weight if I've eaten too much of something I shouldn't, end of. Also, like many of us I've been a slave to the scales as well so they are now without batteries and I won't know losses til my next weigh in. I'm struggling a bit this week and not having the scales is really helping keep me as much on track as possible.
Good luck to all of you on your journeys.

M x

Hey Mollydog
I have felt really liberated by NOT having my scales available...I would have weighed Monday but do not intend to step on them until Oct 25th just before I leave for the airport. It's also good because today I had a visit from mother nature which I wasn't expecting yet and am sure it has saved me from having a major meltdown if I had stood and weighed in this morning!,,
Doly

Back