Out of Ketosis

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by louale, 22 March 2008 Social URL.

1. louale

louale Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi All,

I've been doing CD for just under 2 weeks now, and prior to that, I did Lipotrim for 3 weeks. I had a 2 day break in between.

I bought some Ketostix today and tested myself, only to find that I am not in Ketosis, which was quite a shock and made me think, What's the point!".

I'm thinking there could be 3 reasons why this might have happened. and would really appreciate your views, seeing as you're all very knowledgeable.

1. I've given up smoking and have been chewing Nicorette gum, about 5/6 a day, not sure if these are sugar free.

2. On two occasions this week I ate 2 bars, on one day the second bar was in addition to my shakes.

3. I have about 2/3 cups of boullion a day and put 2 teaspoons in each one. I did post about this and as recommended by peeps on this forum, I have tried to use only 1 teaspoon, but would rather not drink it to be honest as it tasts just like hot water.

I've lost 16lbs on Lipotrim, however I've only lost 3.5 lbs in the past 10 days doing the CD, really can't pinpoint what it causing the slow loss.

Would really appreciate any comments you may have as I'm feeling rather dow about the slow loss and being out of ketosis.

Thanks,
    Louale x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. louale

louale Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Sorry for the long post, only realised how long it was when I had posted it LOL!

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

You are in ketosis - I'll guarantee it. Even if the two bars at once had taken you out, it wouldn't be for long.

If you are going to test for ketosis, do it first thing in the morning before you drink anything or have a pack/bar/tetra - as these things will all dilute the ketones and stop them showing up on the stick.

Also, some people just don't show on the sticks. They are a guide but that is all.

So how do you know if you are in ketosis? Stick to the plan and you will never have to check. If you do the plan, you are in ketosis.

So, no more worrying ok.

5. louale

louale Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Thanks for that Dancing, maybe that's what I need, a kick up the bum. No more extra bars or extra spoons of boullion, I'm just going to have the packs from now and no boullion as I can't stand it weak.

Louale

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

don't worry - a little extra bouillon will not take you out of ketosis (it may bring on a little water retention which would look like your weight loss is lower than you would like but you would still be losing fat so, again, no need to worry). Just be careful with the bars - some say they cause wind/stomach upsets, some may come out of ketosis very temporarily, some are fine (I have two some days and have no probs what so ever).

But, yep, if you are 100% then you don't need to worry.

You could just use less water with the bouillon so it is a smaller drink but the same amount of powder being used

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

oh - when I say same amount of powder being used, I mean 1 teaspoon not 2 tsps in each drink as you have been having

8. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    My weight loss has almost stalled, well it goes along in hiccups. I did LT before and only had a stall at 12st which has happened on EVERY single diet Ive done in the past. Now I'm eating a bar a day (sometimes 1 1/2), sometimes my AAM can be a bit bigger than recommended. The loss just isn't the same as when I was on LT. I am thinking its the bars but can't understand why. Not disappointed in 1 5-6lb loss a fortnight, but a 7-8 that I had on LT would have been better!

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

big birdy, i think it slows down as you get nearer your goal anyway. you seem to be fluctuating rather than stalling (looking at your ticker).. Based on past five weeks, I would guess that next weigh in you have 6lb loss .... stick with it and see if I'm right. You are doing fine. Don't think it is the bars as you lose 5lbs every second week.

good luck and chin up

10. louale

louale Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Putting Weight On!

I haven't eaten any bars for the past 3 days, have been drinking the recommended minimum, have reduced the boulillon drinks, but for the past 4 days I've been putting on weight, why would this be?

I know we're not suppose to weigh ourselves, but it's not the TOTM, I'm drinking more than ever, have had no extras, just the 3 packs, reduced the boullion, can't understand what's going on.

Any ideas?

Louale x

11. Soraya

Soraya Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimpod & Atkins
    Could be your body is just holding on to the water. Just hang on at this low cal level the weight will come off. Might be worth upping the water and cutting out the bouillon altogether and see what happens. Just keep going, it happened to me on CD too and it does shift in a sudden drop. (Or you're pregnant!:) just kidding)

12. louale

louale Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Thanks for that.

Just had a baby, so better not be pregnant! LOL

Louale x

13. samsmummy

samsmummy Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    hey guys what is boullion

14. louale

louale Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi Samsmummy,

Bouillion is a savoury vegetable drink, which is made up from powder that you can purchase from your CDC, you can also purchase a cheaper alternative called 'Marigold' Swiss Bouillion from most supermarkets, but you need to get the low salt one.

Louale x

15. samsmummy

samsmummy Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    kool thank you are you allowed a lot of it or are you supposed to count it thro with your daily allowance of drinks

16. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

you are allowed 2 tsps only per day

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.