Out of the grip of disaster.............

fillymum

synful soul
This morning I made a delicious soup/stew. It had everything in it plus a small tin of tomato puree and about a dozen small new potatoes and a tin of baked beans. It tasted delicious. I had made enough for the next three or four days.
The phone rang, I rushed to answer it and forgot the soup/stew ...............yikes. The stink of burning was awful. There was no rescuing it so it had to be ditched.
It was right on lunchtime and a bowl of it was going to be my lunch. I felt frustrated and cross . The waste made me so cross with myself.
I had made up my mind I was having something soupy, nothing else would do. So like a petulant child I looked in the cupboard and found a tin of tomatoes, a tin of beans and some Worcester sauce , I should point out that my cupboards have more in them than just these three items but they were the only SW friendly soupy things in there. I put the beans and tomatoes into a saucepan and added a liberal amount of Worcester sauce , salt and pepper.
When it was bubbling away( and being carefully watched) I cracked a couple of eggs into it and poached them in the liquid.
It was so yummy, I am definitely going to have my rescue lunch again.
It's like I always say, there are no problems in life only solutions lol !!!!

Glad you found a solution! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I bet you were so mad lunch and dinners ruined Im glad it turned out ok in the end though

So mad I was spitting feathers and I couldn' even blame one of the dogs it was all my own stupid fault.

That's a bit like a breakfast soup! Eggs, beans and tomatoes - love it!

I love soup for breakfast and you are right this is a great breakfast soup.

That sounds gorgeous, might give it a go today

It is worth having a go Donna as it was truly delicious, very filling and almost effortless to make.

I have made another huge pan ful today and as I didn't feel like stirring out of the house it had to be what is in the fridge and cupboards.

The first thing I grabbed from the fridge was a bag of salad leaves with grated carrot that I hadn't even opened so that went in the pan, followed by a red pepper, an onion, a potato,and 3 large carrots. I added 2 stock cubes , a spoonful of Chinese 5 spice paste ( 1 syn) a few flakes of crushed chillies, a teaspoonful of mint sauce, cooked the lot.

I have now blended it with my trusty stick blender and it tastes great. I am about to add a jar of cooked red lentils and that is me a happy bunny again as I love SOUP.

Back