Over 10 stone to loose!

msrsimpkin

Flubber Buster
Hi guys. I'm a self-confessed yo-yo dieter and have tried so many diets and diet pills it's unreal. But I never had the will power to really stick to it. This time is different though.

I was recently refered to the fertility clinic by my doctor because me and OH have been trying for a baby for over 4 years now. We filled in all the forms and had appointments made, but later got a phonecall saying that we'd been turned down for funding by our PCT because of my weight. Basically the NHS won't fund couples for fertility treatment if the female's BMI is over 30.

So I joined Slimming World and now I'm more determined than ever to do it! And this forum and you guys have been such a big help, whether it's recipes, advice or moral support. I'm so glad I found it!

So, here goes. Almost half my own body weight to loose, but this time, I'm ready. If it's for the sake of my own family, I'm going to do it!

Good luck in your journey :D

Good for you Mrs. Simpkin and what a motivating reason too.
Good luck.

Hi Msrsimpkin, hope its all still going well? Your post caught my eye as I too have over 10 to lose and it seems like the beginning of a long old journey, but I'm enjoying it so far!
I too am on SW, and can't wait for weather to warm up so I can get all that lovely lean meat on the barbie!
Take Care xxx

Hi Msrsimpkin, hope its all still going well? Your post caught my eye as I too have over 10 to lose and it seems like the beginning of a long old journey, but I'm enjoying it so far!
I too am on SW, and can't wait for weather to warm up so I can get all that lovely lean meat on the barbie!
Take Care xxx
Hi Cherry-pie & Msrsimpkin just want to wish you the best on your journey. Likewise I'm on SW and have just re-started today :) I have a new goal, my daughter is getting married Spring 2012 in Las Vegas! and I am determined to make it work this time. This is an incredible website with so much help, support and ideas.
A big heart-felt 'Thank You' to everyone.
All the best xxx

Hi, welcome and good luck.

Wow Jim, your transformation is amazing - what an inspiration!

Moideux - Las Vegas should be a good incentive!

Hope you all having a fab weekend xxx

Last edited:
Doctors can be so cruel, but it's great it's motivated you to lose weight. I've been told not to have kids due to an illness I have but they think it will get better if I lose weight so I kind of know how you feel. Good luck! I know how hard it is to stick to something too!

Wow Jim, your transformation is amazing - what an inspiration!

Moideux - Las Vegas should be a good incentive!

Hope you all having a fab weekend xxx

Thanks Cherry, If I can do it, socan we all. :)

Jim you are amazing and so inspiring and always willing to encourage others. We need to keep reminding ourselves that we CAN. Someone here (I think) posted a terrific saying "Being on a diet is hard but being overweight is hard too - choose your hard"

I do my best moideux, Thanks

Back