Over 101 lbs lost! :)

boggins

Silver Member
For anyone struggling, just beginning, or just wanting some inspiration, please see my stats on the left there. 101lb lost in less than a year- in fact it's more than that because I didn't weigh myself at the beginning- I started at higher than 20st 13 really.

It CAN be done, and I'm still going! Taking it more slowly now, but it's coming off still. Here's my figures:

Female, 33 years old
Started May 30 2011 (with a bike ride, my first in about a decade! It killed!)

Start weight approx 300lb / 21st 7lb / 136kg
Current weight 192lb / 13st 10lb / 87kg
Approximate weight lost: 108lb / 7st 10lb / 49kg

Start dress size: 30
Current dress size: 16
Last time I was this size: around 1994!!!

How I did it:
First 2 stone off with calorie counting, took me about 3 months. Since September 2011 I have been low carb, which is when I really hit my stride.

Stumbling blocks:
It's been really easy, actually. The main stumbling blocks have been holidays. It's too easy to get into a "hey, I'm on holiday!" mindset and eat what you like. I've just been really careful to climb straight back on the wagon the second I get home. Christmas was a chocolate-fest, but I'm not apologising for that!

Advice:
(Unless you're doing a supervised VLCD) don't eat too little. Too few calories is not good for you and is almost impossible to maintain. To lose weight healthily, you should be eating at least at your BMR. My real advice would be to ditch wheat and sugar from your diet, but the thought seems to horrify many people. All I can say is that it was a revelation to me- the cravings stopped, I suddenly felt in control around food instead of obsessed with it, and my mood improved. Every now and then I slip (mostly sugar more than wheat), but get right back on track because I know how much better I feel without that stuff in my diet. I might gain a couple of pounds, but every time I have lost them again.

The Future:
We'll see. I'm still losing, but it's maintenance that is the real test!

Thats an Amazing amount of Weight to Lose :D As Someone who has to Lose way Over 100lbs you are Very Inspiring..goes to show it CAN be done..

Well Done ;)

Well done! Can't wait till I get the 100 out of the way.

Well done! I would love to be able to lose that amount, it will be a long journey but I am prepared for it :)

Back