Over 40 ..

NewStart75

Hi everyone - I started SS yesterday and feel positive today - even though I had a dentist appointment and span out a little after :confused:
It's not my first time on a VLCD - I lost 3 stone on CWP 10yrs ago and went from a size 16 to a size 12 in 3 months.
But I was 32 then and looked a lot different to how I do now at 42 :-(

I'm busting out of my size 18 clothes at a pound short of 15st!
I'm 5ft 7
Other than going to work and shopping I don't go out.
Food and wine are my company - and I've got to the point now where things HAVE to change!

I look and feel so unhealthy- and I'm so embarrassed of my massive fat body I no longer have a social life.

So here I am starting weight 210 lbs
Hoping to lose 50 lbs.
I'm glad I found this forum - the old Cambridge forum helped me a lot when I did it before.

I'm crossing my fingers and my toes that I remain positive!

Last edited:
Hi Minnie,

And congratulations on the first step to a new you ;) ;)

Losing weight is a tough ask, I'm older than you, I've a dodgy thyroid, hormones up the creek. 15st 7 at start and 5'9" so you're in good company :)

I've just had my week 3 weigh in and after getting through week 1, just having it under my belt made me feel better.

I'm looking forward to hearing your journey too.

xxx

Hey Summerchic :D

Thanks for your reply.
Its good to know there are others in a similar place to me.
It must be hard with the thyroid problem to control your weight - do you mind me asking how much weight you lost so far and where you want to be?
Are you doing SS?

Well this is the start of day 3 - I slept well and woke up feeling good.
Did I mention I work in a restaurant :eek:
So it is a constant struggle not to pick at food and be tempted.
But I feel determined - its a new emotion for me - I love it :D

welcome Minnie, and good luck on your journey, i am on day 19 today and literally wishing my life away in the hope to see results hehe...

stay strong, drink lots of water, and keep going though saying that yesterday was a hard struggle for me for sure

we got this :)

xxx

Hi Minne and welcome to the group.

The diet is hard and without the support of this group I don't think I would have got to day 19.. I am looking forward to day 50 as I will be getting married.

My only advice is to try very hard not to cheat as it will throw you off track and slow things down. I had 1 blip and got back on track but still blame the blip for slow results.

Water water water and go to bed early if you feel hungry in evening..

Good luck on your journey.

Happy shaking!!!

Hi Priyab, Hi Nai :D
Congratulations to you both for being on day 19!
I bet you're both looking and feeling so much better.
As I'm only on day 3 I have just come from a place of eating everything in sight and feeling fat and invisible.
This is better - DOING something about it.
It's really hard - but being the fat girl is harder.
We can and we will do it!

Congratulations on your wedding Nai - wow what fantastic motivation!
I'm about to have my first shake - before I head off to work with all the food :(

Hi Minnie,

Ohh you've met the lovely Priya and Nai lots more ladies here who are going through there own journey too.

I've been on the plan 22 days to date I've lost 15.5 lbs my start was 217lbs so I'm still in the 200's but not for long. No matter what I'm trying to stay positive, it's a tough plan but brings results and even with blips as long as you have belief it will do it's job it will.

I have to get down to about 130lbs so a long way to go and I've given myself until Xmas and then re-evaluate when I've got to that date. I take meds for my underactive thyroid so it gives me help but as it's shot to bits it's never really the same. I also have age against me... urghhh and blood work shows my oestrogen levels are low ... ahhhh peri menopausal.

And I'm 5ft 9"'so I have 4 products to consume which is cool as I make deserts with a shake every day. I'm not strong enough to go shake only and I go with variety so not sure if it slows the process down, I don't think it's meant to but I need to feel I have meals or I will feel deprived. Love the apple and cin porridge and rice pudding. Spag Bol and Thai curry. Following my own instructions not that on the packet as that's yuk.. lemon bars and choc and vanilla and banana shakes mmmm strawberry is good but for yummy mousse the banana and choc shakes with added stevia drops

You're with a great bunch of ladies to be starting the plan .. drink the water your CC tells you to drink and you'll do great.

I will get another 70lbs off I'll chip away a pound at a time. I've had a few false starts but I think I'm in the zone now. I want more than anything to lose this weight I've gained

So here's to the next 6 months

xxxxx

Hi summerchick
15lbs is fantastic- I bet youre noticing the difference in yourself now!
I'm doing SS+ as Im on my feet all day and cycle commute to work and am busy 10hrs a day.
I remember from doing CWP before that I felt a lot better from that tiny extra.
Desserts made with shakes sound amazing - I think I'm going to do the same!
I don't actually feel too bad considering its only day 3 - I really feel in the zone and ready to get this fat off me!

Yay, Minnie you sound totally in the zone, keep doing what you're doing, with the added exercise that'll be great for you. Day 3 is when ketosis should kick in you'll stay on the right track.

I've never done a vlcd before, I attempted this one a few months back but couldn't get off the ground lol. So I don't count that.

After the first week it seems to fall into place, and for me, not everyone of course we're all different, but I like the meal packs and using the mix a mousse as I get to experiment and am having what constitutes as actual meals.

I'm happy to lose a stone a month even less as long as the numbers are going down. I'm not intending to take any breaks other than what's recommended. I want to follow this through to the end. I accept I got my self hear and this is a tool which will get me to goal.

What about you? What are your goals? So lovely to have you join the journey

xxx

A stone a month would be fantastic Summerchick!
And it sounds like you've got the right idea- mix it all up so it doesnt get boring!

Im not long home from an exhausting day- I dont feel ravenous I just feel tired!
I can honestly say that feeling a bit hungry is better than hating myself because of constant over eating and drinking far too much wine of an evening!
I'm trying to not be unrealistic with my goal - initially I'd lke to get to 160lbs - which puts me just over bmi 25. And a size 12 :)
Then I want to start exercising and eating fresh organic foods.
Im tired of feeling tired!

So day 4 is difficult!
I didnt sleep too well last night and it's hot and I have no energy at all o_O
I also feel a little down - but I think it's the heat - I just cycled not even a mile for my lunch ( well shake ) and I'm burning hot and weak:(
I think I'm going to get a lift home from work tonight I just cant!
But the good news is I ordered some bars - so hopefully they will be there when I get home for dinner :)

Hi Minnie,

I think the first week does make you feel tired on the plan, the body getting used to the calorie deficit and quality nutrients instead.

And I know what you mean about over eating, I was chugging it back like there was no tomorrow lol. And the vino, crikey that didn't help... urghh. You've got your self a good goal too. I get what you mean about tired of being tired....

It's time for a kick in the butt to get my self into gear, but I have at least another 3 stones to shift before I start an exercise plan..

The first week is tough, but once you're through it and you've got yourself a routine you'll be kicking it.

One day at a time, try not to over do things as you want to stay motivated. It's a massive change but the rewards will be worth it.

It's day 5 for you and soon a weigh in. I bet you're looking forward to that. Am looking forward to hearing more from you

xxxx

Hi Minnie.

Hope your ok. Your doing well. It's a hard diet to stick to. I have my up days and down days. I've had a hard week at work and nearly broke last night but I stuck with it. I'm hoping to be in the 10's tomorrow.

We are all here for support and it will soon be your first WI.

Good luck x

Happy days
I just had my first WI and I lost 10lbs which puts me at 199lbs :D
I'm so happy to be under 200lbs already!
Yesterday was really hard and I had 2 bars instead of one - and picked at a couple of sunflower seeds.
I know its nothing major but I don't want to start messing around.
Back to work today so I can get back into a routine.

What does everyone else do at the weekend?
It really took willpower of steel for me to get through it.

So I'm hoping to lose 4lbs this week to make it a stone loss in 2 weeks :D
I'm not sure it's possible - but I just want to concentrate on being 100% dedicated to the plan.

I cant wait to start exercising!
X

Yay....

Well done, that's a brilliant loss and to get into the 200's even better. Hopefully that'll be me in the next week or so.

With a loss like that you'll stay motivated. Stick to your products loads of water and just have walks for now. Too much of a calories deficit to exercise and anything now may throw you off

Well done Minnie. That really is amazeballs

xxx

Back