Overweight CDC???

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
Hi --

I met with my UK CDC for the first time this afternoon... and I am pretty sure that she is more overweight than I am.

I found this very disheartening. If she were a WW counsellor I think she would lose her job.

I think I am going to look for a different CDC.

MM

Last edited:
This is interesting...

my first CDC - lost 2 stone, was having a years break to "see if she could keep it off" before returning to CD to loose her last 2 stone...

in her own words...

"i should of gone back on it ages ago but cant find the motivation to gear myself up to it"

i now see a different CDC who is wonderful!

xxxx

I think maybe you shouldn't be too harsh, after all, we know the product works, and it is often much easier to motivate others than yourself - this forum is proof of it. When I did CD I had 2 counsellors, the first had lost 5 stone, but liked to keep telling me that, implying it was easy and that I'd been cheating if I lost only 3lbs, so I switched. The next had lost a similar amount, had a baby, regained a lot and was still finding a time to continue her journey. But she was lovely, caring, understanding and could offer a sympathetic ear and a push after a bad week, and I felt she really could empathise with me. If we hadn't moved I may well have stuck with it then!
It is the experience and personal attributes that make a fantastic counsellor and I think we're doing ourselves a disservice if we discriminate against someone because of their weight! ;)

All together a bad visit!!!

Hi Nicki, Lovely Lauren and Shanny,

@Shanny. I am not good at guessing weight -- but her thighs were bigger than my waist and I have three stone to lose.

@Nicki. I should have written more about the visit.

It wasn't just the weight -- but I was surprised. She is not a good advertisement for the diet.

Note: My LL counselor was overweight, but she explained how she had lost weight, maintained, regained and was constantly struggling with her weight and the personal issues that led to her overeating, etc. Her struggle inspired us.

@Lauren. At least the CDC offered an explanation to you.

I would have never said anything to her (I can be very sensitive about my weight issues.) BUT --
I went with a friend to this meeting -- and she actually asked (as we were leaving) if the woman used the diet herself. Only then did the CDC say that she, of course, had used it many years ago but now has medical issues that prevent her from dieting.

Other issues (more relevant than the CDC's weight) were that...

a) This CDC did not offer any real input -- the meeting felt very rushed.

b) I brought a friend with me (and she knew I might be) -- yet, she had booked another person to come 30 minutes after I was due for a first visit.

c) All she did was have us fill out the forms, toss phase one and two books at us, tape and weigh us, and push us to chose from unfamiliar products and get out the door.

d) She was unable to answer my friend's questions about the composition of CD products (carb count, etc.).

e) Also, she only has evening meetings -- and we think daytime is better for us.

f) Her house was hard to find and parking was an issuse, too.

G) Oh... and another "what was she thinking" our appointment was for 4:00 p.m. and -- they were cooking dinner as we came into her house and we had to walk through her kitchen with all the food smells!!! That was just cruel.

**She made a point of saying that she would respond to texts only between these certain hours on certain days... Nothing about emailing (and did not ask for our email addresses), texting or calling us.

I feel that she was going to be -- all sales no service with her.

But, we are spoiled for choices in the area... so I will just call a few more CDCs and ask who has daytime appts and where are they located.

MM

you must find someone that you think can help you and fits to your needs most. obviously you are finding this not the case with the cdc you saw tonight. my cdc has a bmi of around 26/27 and does ss to get her weight down between events. she's very good and will listen, motivate, get you working towards your goal. she weighs me every week and encourages me onwards.

your cdc might have a daytime job which is why you can't phone her or text her at these times. each one is different. you might want to give her another go to see if it was just first impressions etc. the first visit can be hard for you both. to be a cdc you need to have done the diet (doesn't really matter for how long) and keep your bmi down under a certain level (think it's 27).

MinnieMel said:
Hi Nicki, Lovely Lauren and Shanny,

@Shanny. I am not good at guessing weight -- but her thighs were bigger than my waist and I have three stone to lose.

@Nicki. I should have written more about the visit.

It wasn't just the weight -- but I was surprised. She is not a good advertisement for the diet.

Note: My LL counselor was overweight, but she explained how she had lost weight, maintained, regained and was constantly struggling with her weight and the personal issues that led to her overeating, etc. Her struggle inspired us.

I would have never said anything to her (I can be very sensitive about my weight issues.) BUT --
I went with a friend to this meeting -- and she actually asked (as we were leaving) if the woman used the diet herself. Only then did the CDC say that she, of course, had used it many years ago but now has medical issues that prevent her from dieting.

Other issues (more relevant than the CDC's weight) were that...

a) This CDC did not offer any real input -- the meeting felt very rushed.

b) I brought a friend with me (and she knew I might be) -- yet, she had booked another person to come 30 minutes after I was due for a first visit.

c) All she did was have us fill out the forms, toss phase one and two books at us, tape and weigh us, and push us to chose from unfamiliar products and get out the door.

d) She was unable to answer my friend's questions about the composition of CD products (carb count, etc.).

e) Also, she only has evening meetings -- and we think daytime is better for us.

f) Her house was hard to find and parking was an issuse, too.

G) Oh... and another "what was she thinking" our appointment was for 4:00 p.m. and -- they were cooking dinner as we came into her house and we had to walk through her kitchen with all the food smells!!! That was just cruel.

**She made a point of saying that she would respond to texts only between these certain hours on certain days... Nothing about emailing (and did not ask for our email addresses), texting or calling us.

I feel that she was going to be -- all sales no service with her.

But, we are spoiled for choices in the area... so I will just call a few more CDCs and ask who has daytime appts and where are they located.

MM

Hi Mel,

I completely understand your concerns and don't think you are necessarily on your own in your thinking. I think CDCs should be inspirational as well as motivational. I have a great CDC now but I have met the unfortunate product sellers too who provide little to no support. Hang in there, try a few local counsellors, keep your options open you never know a councillor to suit you mat he closer than you think! Keep yourself focused and don't allow it to deter your progress, you're doing well! Good Luck Abbie x

BMI 27?

you must find someone that you think can help you and fits to your needs most. obviously you are finding this not the case with the cdc you saw tonight. my cdc has a bmi of around 26/27 and does ss to get her weight down between events. she's very good and will listen, motivate, get you working towards your goal. she weighs me every week and encourages me onwards.

your cdc might have a daytime job which is why you can't phone her or text her at these times. each one is different. you might want to give her another go to see if it was just first impressions etc. the first visit can be hard for you both. to be a cdc you need to have done the diet (doesn't really matter for how long) and keep your bmi down under a certain level (think it's 27).

@Great Things -- Not that her weight was the biggest issue... it was the lack of customer service and time of appts. (And she does have a daytime job.)

But there is no way her bmi is 27... she isn't just overweight -- I am fairly certain she is obese. My guess would be a bmi of around 35.

I have 2.5 stone to lose and she is heavier than I am.

MM

Last edited:
Hi Nicki, Lovely Lauren and Shann

MM

She was really rude as well, i took 6 girls to her in total before i found out just how rude she was, she made 4 of my friends cry and told one that she absolutely must of cheated because she only lost 3lb that week.. on her 3rd week..

one girl even lied and said she was pregnant and thats why she couldnt go back!

she was awful, and absolutely in it for the money, she charged a £20 induction fee which was nothing, i left none the wiser, and only understood the diet because i ad done lipotrim, and so i explained it to my friends!

i complained to CD who were mortified and said she would be given training by her mentor!

i think its so so important you have faith in your CD and also et on well with them,

i really hope you find someone suitable, or come to an understadning with your current CDC hun,

best of luck!

xxxx

@Lauren

I have to say that she was a pleasant person -- just harried and maybe burnt out. She has been a CDC for over 20 years. I thought her experience might be a benefit, but now I am thinking a Newbie with fresh training and enthusiasm might be better.

MM

Back