Overweight mother bled to death after gastric band operation

Jim

Big Boy
A mother told to lose weight to avoid serious health problems died hours after surgery to fit her with a gastric band.
Susan Alderson had three litres of blood in her abdomen and had bled to death, a post mortem found.
Experts had advised the 49-year-old to have the band fitted, a procedure which reduces the size of the stomach.

Poor woman, I feel for her family, and her to be honest.

LINK HERE

I thought that Punki, but then I realised we don't know anything else, maybe she was very short or something.

It was very sad to read this, she did not have a bypass she had a band which is a less invasive than a bypass.
At the end of the day any surgery carries risks and she did have a hernia repair as well so it was not just a gastric band opp, she was obviously under for longer than she would of been for just a band and she was also diabetic.
It does not give info to why she was bleeding internally but that must of been the reason that caused her to have a heart attack.

LOL Suzann, maybe you'd better. :)

I thought that Punki, but then I realised we don't know anything else, maybe she was very short or something.

it says 'He said Mrs Alderson's body mass index (BMI), which determines whether a patient has a healthy body weight by measuring their height and weight, was 44, classing her as morbidly obese.

when i was 16 stone my bmi was 35 an im 5'7 so she must have been short!

its sooo sad poor woman. My thoughts r with her family tooo

xx

I miseed that Kae, she must have been under 5ft then if I'm 6. 1" and she was nearly double my BMI.

Back