Owwwwww

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by YumyMumy, 10 February 2011 Social URL.

1. YumyMumy

YumyMumy Crawling to the finish!

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've been in pain all night I've been hit hard with a water infection :0( what can I take to help ease the symptoms? I follow EE. I normally use cranberry juice and oasis sachets but obviously both are full of sugar so I'm just going to have to wait for painkillers (and some antibiotics!) to kick in :0( any other ideas??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    Sounds very painful. If it was me I would have the Cranberry etc if you have it available until you can get the painkillers and antibiotics.
    I hope it clears up soon.

4. YumyMumy

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Argh Im very prone it hits me very quickly. I'll be off to my doctor soon but I've got s very hectic day I'm now dreading :0( I think I'll avoid sugar I've done so well :0(

5. dirtydancing

dirtydancing Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.28%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    you can get cranberry juice in tablet form from health food shops may have less sugar in them worth a try.

6. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think you can get Cranberry light cordial, or how about cranberry tea.

I've just got over a kidney infection so know exactly the pain you are going through. I'd also stay off the caffine.

You'll start to feel better soon once the anitbiotics kick in.

7. natasha1974

natasha1974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    tesco have ocean spray light cranberry juice drink its free as far as i know other than that lots of water

8. YumyMumy

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Saying that with caffeine, I think I need to stay off forever, I very rarely have tea, and had one the other night with a ripple, last time I had a bad infection was when I last had a couple of cups of tea. I swore it wouldn't be that but I think now it could be!! I'll look out for cranberry cordial (not that I'm going out shopping!) I'll send the hubby :0) doctor at 10am so hopefully good antibiotics so I dont have to worry about extras helping. Off to Paris Sunday too so this means a holiday in antibiotics :0( x

9. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Having suffered from UTI's for years, I feel your pain!
    I wouldn't bother with the cranberry juice drinks etc, the amount of cranberry in them is so small that I doubt it will do any good. It's the actual juice you need in it's pure form.
    I took the cranberry tablets for years, without fail and they did work. Once they'd got into my system I never got another UTI. It took me a while to pluck the courage up to stop taking them - when I say years, I mean about 7 years!!
    When I did get hit with one, prior to the tablets, it was only antibiotics which helped me.

10. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I used to get these all the time i hope you feel better soon. You can get little cranberry shachets(there a medicine) and also tea. But i would drink lots of water, might mean you wee more, but it will less concetrated and less painful. I really do feel for you, will have all things crossed that you are better for your holiday and wow enjoy paris :D

11. YumyMumy

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks everyone, I am going to look into those cranberry tablets. Hollands and Barrera should do them x

12. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I used to get my from H&B, boots do them, some larger branches of Tesco used to too.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.