Oxtail

bigmeeky

Any nice SW friendly oxtail recipes out there!

heres hoping as I bought something the size of a dragons tail at Brixton market yesterday.......:)

I think the problem with oxtail is that the recipes are not really sw-friendly but you limit thedamage.
Dredge the pieces in seasoned flour and brown in a pan. You'll have to syn the flour and oil. Brown a load of onionsand garlic and add to the meat in a casserole. Add some tomato paste and beef stock, herbs of your choice and cook in slow oven for three or four hours. Cool it and put in the fridge over-night. The next day, scrape off any fat tat has risen tothe surface. Dishes like that always taste better the next day.

I think the problem with oxtail is that the recipes are not really sw-friendly but you limit thedamage.
Dredge the pieces in seasoned flour and brown in a pan. You'll have to syn the flour and oil. Brown a load of onionsand garlic and add to the meat in a casserole. Add some tomato paste and beef stock, herbs of your choice and cook in slow oven for three or four hours. Cool it and put in the fridge over-night. The next day, scrape off any fat tat has risen tothe surface. Dishes like that always taste better the next day.

Thanks very much for that. Great tips. Can't wait to have a go at that.

Back