P**h...

LOL sounding like a secret society!

The thing about both psyllium husk and, especially, ground flaxseed, is that you need to take lots of water along with them. Before, during and after. If you dont they can dry out in the bowel and make the constipation worse instead of better. Flaxseed is particularly prone to this. So, for example, take a drink of water or other permitted fluid before the MIM, drink whilst you eat it, and then have another drink afterwards. This should help.

If you are getting kinda hard, small sized and very dark poos (lol!!) this can be a sure sign that the contents of the bowel are just too dry. Fluid fluid and more fluid!

Last edited:
Cant do wed unfortunately - have posted on your diary Di
Xx

Thanks girly... Great advice... Movicol seems to work for me at the moment... I've noticed that flaxseed hasn't been brilliant but that might be the time of day as I've had it as a treat/snack at night with some splenda and lemon juice in it but cos it's late on the evening I might not have drunk so much as I try to moderate so I'm not up and down all night to the loo! Lol thank you :)

Like many Atkins things, you may need to fine tune this or that to get it to suit your individual body and metabolism! And yes, the time of day certain things are consumed can indeed alter the way your body processes them.

I wish I'd been body/weight obsessive years ago! lol ... I certainly wouldn't be in this state if I'd have been monitoring as closely as I do now! :)

Back