p0kers0phs SF journey

p0kers0ph

So it begins....Day 1 has gone well, stuck to the plan even though I was pretty hungry this afternoon. I managed a supermarket shop without picking up anything disasterous or naughty! Lots of low calorie and yummy snacks to help me through :) I bought the pre-made shakes on offer so that I could try out the flavours before buying a massive tub! Have to say I love the flavours I've tried so far, banana, choc and vanilla :) I am going to stock up on the powders tomorrow, I'll be mixing mine with almond milk, love the stuff and it's a bit thicker than skimmed milk and more filling imo. I'm just going to have a big glass of water, my 9th for the day, then get to bed. It'll be interesting to see how the next 4 days go as I'm not working, when I'm at work it's easier to stick to any kind of plan. I've already lost 5 stone by counting calories and exercising, running is my thing. I've hit a wall and this is why I'm trying something different, maybe shock my body into losing weight again!

Day 2 has been good. I ran out of shakes and made a special visit to the shop before going out for the day to get one for my lunch, was proud that I stuck to the plan rather than just grabbing something in the house! I took a couple of snacks with me and a 2 litre bottle of water to sip on. For the most part I've not felt hungry today. I also got in lots of walking, we went to a car boot sale and then had a walk along the beach. On Monday I'm going to go to Superdrug and stock up on the tubs of powders, they are 2 for £8 :) Feeling good so far, and the scale is down 1lb since yesterday.

Well done sophia,sounds like you are doing great, 1lb down already, you go girl! Walking along the beach sounds lovely.someone told me the tubs are three for £10 at asda if there is one near you x

Thanks Kim, yeah I heard about the Asda offer, I do have one local, but I tend not to go there cos I don't want to bump into my ex or any of his mates, he works there. I have gone a bit off track today as we had a bbq. I'm having a shake now for dinner though. I will be right back on it tomorrow, one day isn't the end of the world. It was such a beautiful hot day today, it's definitely motivating, I don't want be sweating my backside off in the summer, so I need to lose this last bit of weight and feel good about myself. I'm doing Race for Life in July, I'm actually doing the 5k and the 10k. It'll be my first 10k race and I really need to get on with my training. This is my first time off work for the past couple of weeks and I'm trying to recharge my batteries before going back on Wednesday, but I will try to get out at least once, probably tomorrow night.

Glad to hear you had a good day and enjoyed this long awaited for nice weather, that's great you are doing the 5k and the 10k that's a great incentive to keep exercising, well done x

Day 3 kinda went down the pan, I went to my dads for a bbq and I didn't really track. Oh well, I enjoyed it and one day won't hurt, hopefully! So today is Day 4, not long before the week's out, where has the time gone! I started the day with a latte ready made shake, I've decided that I'm not overly keen on that flavour afterall. I went into town after breakfast and got stocked up on some tubs of powder, I got choc, vanilla, banana & caramel. I like to have variety lol. I've just whizzed up a caramel shake for dinner with ice and almond milk. I can have 350ml of almond milk for the same cals of 250ml skimmed milk, so I can get more to fill me up, plus it has a nice creamy consistency. I'm finding that afternoons are when I tend to get the tummy growls so I need to maybe keep my snacks for later on in the day, maybe some fruit between breakfast and lunch to keep me going.

Ok, so I've made a decision to restart over today. Trying to begin this plan on a bank holiday weekend just wasn't my best idea to get a proper good start on it. Now the weekend is done I am starting afresh and I'm going to make a real go of this! I've re-weighed, not pretty! Let's do this!

Good luck!
I am on week 2, day 10 in total and have been surprised how easily I have stuck to it. Sounds like you did well on calorie counting though
x

Thanks Ducky, yeah I have done well, but been stuck around the same weight for a very long time now and want to get things shifting again. Doing something new gives things a different spin you know. So today is Day 3 of my restart and it's going great! To begin with I was feeling hungry quite a bit, but now I'm starting to adjust and making sure I drink a lot of water which is helping and I don't feel hungry as much. I'm also appreciating what I eat a lot more, and making better choices and really thinking about what I'm choosing. The scale is down around 3.2lbs so far, can't wait to see the weeks result next Tuesday! :)

I really wish Tuesday would hurry up and get here so I can weigh in! I've lost, so I'm glad about that but it's been stuck for the past couple of days, would love for it to go down a tad more lol.
Need to get out for another run tomorrow night, had an awesome run on Friday! Gotta get myself ready for my races in July :)

go girl go!!

Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in - let's hope us Tuesday girls have huge smiles on our faces x

Back