Packet mix help?

Miss Mac

Gold Member
Hi,
i am new to sw and am learning the basics.

i am not a great cook and certainly not experimental with recipies.

Can anyone please tell me if i can use the dry packet mixes for things?
I am thinking the chilli, sausage casserole, shepherds pie ones etc.

I am trying to male a basic sauce myself but if i could use these it would be so helpful!

i have looked at one in my cupboard and you only add water. It states 29 cals for the packet so if i worked off 1 syn per 20 cals, this would be 2 syns for the whole packet and it will obviously make more than one meal.

does this seem acceptable or not?

thanks

Hi Miss Mac - you've certainly got the gist - with no free food allowance, the whole lot would be syn'd.
A lot of packet mixes have hidden naughties but if your pack states 29 cals for the entire pack, then yes, it can only be 2 syns (just pushing 2 1/2) for the whole lot (made up with water).

Hi Miss Mac - you've certainly got the gist - with no free food allowance, the whole lot would be syn'd.
A lot of packet mixes have hidden naughties but if your pack states 29 cals for the entire pack, then yes, it can only be 2 syns (just pushing 2 1/2) for the whole lot (made up with water).

Thank you for the reply.

I will certainly check any that i use for the hidden naughties :)

Wouldn't it be 1.5syns for 29kcals?

I read somewhere to round up i think. So as 29 is over the 20 but under 40 you go for 2 syns. But i am so new at this and i am probably wrong :)

So i checked all my packet mixes and i made a little oopsie..... Those cals were for 1/4 of packet not the whole lot that i thought but even still that would still only be 8 syns and i will at least only be having half of the meal.

And i think if the packet mix is my saviour to keep me on the straight and narrow then even all 8 syns would be worth it ;)

Back