Paco's American Restaurant

Mrs Moyer

Hi All,
re-joined SW on tuesday after a brief attemp in July (raring to go and succeed now!) however I was out for a meal tonight for mum's birthday and not sure if I choose the right things!

Had a chargrilled fillet steak with baked potato (no butter) - Am I right in saying this is free?

Gave onion rings and fried mushrooms to my brother! Ate the raw garnish tomatoes.

For dessert was meringue with wild berries topped with cream. medium sized meringue and cream just covered the top. Not sure where to start on syns tho?
Not had any today or yesterday so think I will be ok but just like to note everything down to keep me on track.
:D

Help! Eating out new member

Hi everyone!
I have posted in the eating out section - Paco's American Restaurant but nobody has come to my rescue yet:cry:lol.
Please help
x

Ive never heard of Paco's Hun, but Im assuming they would do things like steaks and salads.
My advice would be just to avoid anything in a creamy sauce...ask for it to be put to one side in the case of a steak and then not eat it. Have a jacket potato instead of chips if they have this option.
If going for a pasta dish, go for something in a tomato sauce rather than cream and cheese.
If I were you, I would have an EE day so that you can have steak and jacket.
Dont panic though, even if you go off plan, just have a flexi syn day and then limit them for the rest of the week.

Hope this helps a bit?!

Had a chargrilled fillet steak with baked potato (no butter) - Am I right in saying this is free?

Gave onion rings and fried mushrooms to my brother! Ate the raw garnish tomatoes.

For dessert was meringue with wild berries topped with cream. medium sized meringue and cream just covered the top. Not sure where to start on syns tho?
Not had any today or yesterday so think I will be ok but just like to note everything down to keep me on track.
x

I assume it's now too late as your meal was last night?

If you are doing EE then the steak and baked potato was a sensible choice.

It's difficult to say with any precision how many syns for a meringue and cream. The shop bought ones are usually about 2-3 syns for one that's maybe three inches across.

Cream? Depend if single, double or aerosol? And on how much you had.

Basic/Non Branded Foods Cream, aerosol 2 level tbsp

red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green ½ Syn

Basic/Non Branded Foods Cream, single/soured 1 level tbsp

red.gif
Original 1½ Syns
green.gif
Green 1½ Syns

Basic/Non Branded Foods Cream, double/extra thick double 1 level tbsp

red.gif
Original 3½ Syns
green.gif
Green 3½ Syns

I wouldn't worry too much. It sounds like you did great, made sensible choices and didn't just say "what the heck".

Back