Paganflossys Diary of Hoping it works

paganflossy

Hi

I thought I would start a diary to help me keep on track and see if I can make this work with my dietary restrictions :D

I have copied a post I did in May when I was thinking about joining in case anyone can offer any suggestions.

Hi
I did sw years ago when it was red /green days. I joined last year but only went to one meeting as between the meeting I had an appointment with a new consultant and was put on a restrictive diet that didn't fit in with SW ( as you will see)so went back to calorie counting.
The restrictions were as follows;
Only white bread /pasta rice etc; no veg or fruit apart from potatoes and carrots without skins; no pulses; no sweeteners; no cereal except rice krispies.
I am now starting to introduce foods but have to stay away from high fibre, currently I have introduced tomatoes and onions for sauces and a small amount of salad.
I was wondering if I can make SW work with these restrictions if I did red /green days or do you think its a complete no no. I am going to ring the consultant and discuss and/ or txt the SW leader but I didnt want to bother her on a Sunday or bank holiday so thought I would ask the wise souls here.
I am not getting anywhere CC and I sick of weighing every morsal!!
sorry for length turned into a bit of an essay!!

I am still struggling to introduce different foods, and am going to try the odd EE day when I can as well.

Here we go - joined Tuesday night so Wed is my first day;

Wed
B: Toast, butter HEB + 2 syns
L: scrambled eggs
D: HM burger, baked beans 4 syns , SW chips, mayo 4 syns
snacks: cockles, Tapas skewers (checked as free on syns calc)
Drinks: Tea, water , 350ml Skimmed milk HEA

total 10 syns

(I will confess to a big cheat here and it is only because of my dietary restrictions. I will sometimes be using white bread of the same calorific value as 60g of wholemeal for my HEB. I KNOW that is not allowed by SW and the idea of HE is to get enough things like fibre but I have to keep my fibre as low as possible - less than 10 to 15 grams per DAY. I will also be removing the skin of potatoes on a Red day but keeping under the weight allowed.
If I don't loose weight I will have to address this but I want to try and make it work like this first, I totally understand the risk :(;):D:D)

Trying an EE day

B: Scrambled Egg with Ham, kiwi fruit
L: Salad lettuce carrot onion, Light Salad Cream 1 syn, 60g bread HEB, Activia fat free yogurt
D: smoked haddock, potatoes, loads and loads of carrots, Olive oil 2 syns
S: PomBears 4.5 syns,
Drinks: skimmed milk HEA tea, water

total 7 syns

hoping the salad wont set my stomach off :cool: it is actually low fibre and on the reintroduction list ... found out raspberries I planned to have with my yogurt aren't :(

Last edited:
Back