Palpitations - any advice?

Slimoncemore

Wants to be slim!
Hi,
I am on day 5 of SS. Hopped on scale this morning and 7lbs down so very pleased with that. However I am still feeling jittery, shaky and keep having palpitations which worry me!!
I am having 4 shakes a day and because I have never been a big drinker I am drinking 2 to 2.5 litres of water a day. Do I need to drink more water maybe? (Nervous about drinking too much for some reason!)
Has anyone else had problems with palpitations?

I would ring your CDC to see if you might be advised to add a meal.

Did you cut down on carbs and suggary food before starting CD? If not it could be becuase your body is getting used to the lack of carbs and sugar, but please keep an eye on yourself and let your CDC know.

Hi Dieting Rambler, thanks for your reply. I didn't cut down before the diet infact I had a bit of a 'last time' splurge (this is the last box of chocolates,this is the last portion of fish and chips etc!!) Not felt too bad until today but have tested water each day and have been in ketosis since day 2 so feel positive.
Going to try and drink more water today (3 litres instead of 2) and I am seeing CDC tomorrow for weigh in so will chat to her then.

It could be your body being a bit shocked! keep an eye on it and let your cd know, if you start to feel seriously unwell the please seek medical advice. xxx

I suffered with palpations when I was on CD however I suffered with anxiety and panic attacks before I started. I just found that CD heightened it for me. Talk to your CDC tomorrow about your concerns and just keep an eye on it.

I've suffered with palpitations for about 5 years, had all the tests and was told it's just one of those things. I got them mostly at night but not everynight. What I did notice early last year when I first started trying to lose weight was that if I cut my food intake or skipped my evening meal through working late, that would be when I got them. I eventually started having terrible stomach pains so went to the doc who told me the papitations and all the other pains I was getting was due to excess stomach acid. Been on medication for my stomach ever since which has pretty much stopped the palpitations (still get the bloody stomach pain though). On the odd occasion that I do get them I take a large swig of Gaviscon advance which stops them.
It's just a thought, it could be your stomach causing them due to having nothing much to digest, next maybe try the Gaviscon and if it doesn't work then pop yourself to the docs.
Hope you get it sorted, even though most palpitations are harmless they can be very uncomfortable and a bit scarey. xx

Thanks for the advice. I am feeling better now - have drunk a bit more water than usual today and hopefully that has done the trick. It was maybe just a bad day - yet to experience this euphoria that some people get!
Going for my weigh in tomorrow so will have a chat with my CDC.

Back