Panic for dinner!!!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Ciara b, 13 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Ciara b

Ciara b Full Member

Just finished lunch and used up alot of pp between that & breaky I've 14pp left for whole day out of 29 any1 got good ideas for a low point dinner need something new bored with the same foods any1 wit help be gr8 :) x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vijch50

vijch50 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    GRilled fish is low in points and you can have it with zero point veggies tonight we are having grilled haddock with cauliflower and broccoli and then blueberries with yogurt for pud all will be 7 ppts

4. jessiemurf

jessiemurf Full Member

Diet:
    slim fast
    How about a WW meal with lots of veggies?

Jacket potato with salad and prawns or tuna? around 9PP

14PP is quite a lot for one meal i think anyway so enjoy it!

5. Ciara b

Ciara b Full Member

Tanx guys x

6. lizbag

lizbag Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.85%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Propoints
    14pps is loads! What about some chicken breast and a spicy chickpea/tomato stew to go with?

7. pinkstardust

pinkstardust Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.91%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    oh you have loads of points left I wouldn't worry!!
    I generally don't use more than 9-10 pp per dinner.
    maybe some grilled chicken, lots of veg and a salad? or grilled fish is yummy.

8. Ciara b

Ciara b Full Member

I knw 14pp is loads but I I like t hold around 4/5 for evening snack lol wasn tat hungry so just had burger bun 4pp wit tomato puree 00 mushrooms 0pp & onions 0pp grilled and 4mini waffles 4pp was delicious and stil have snack pp thanks guys :) x

9. zebredy

zebredy Sci-Fi Geek

Diet:
    WW
    Some noodles are only 4 points a portion and there are these little packets of sauce you can get in the same section of most supermarkets which are 1 -2 point a portion depending on which sauce you choose (each pack contains enough sauce ffor 2 portions)

I often have

Noodles - 4 points
    Prawns 100g - 2 points
    veg - 0 points
    sauce / oil - 2-3 points (depending on sauce used)

That always does the trick, and at the moment I'm loving it.

If you don't like prawns you can change it for 82grams of chicken cut up, for 2 points, or a small bit of beef or pork again depending on what sauce you use as even though they all (IMO) taste great with prawns, some can go better with other types of meat.

The sauces are 3 for 2 in tesco at the moment and are usually around 50-60pence each, here is one to show you..
    Blue Dragon Chow Mein Stir Fry Sauce 120G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

For me I just nook the noodles in the microwave for 90 seconds, then add them to all the other ingredients which has been cooking in the pan (that's the veg, and my frozen prawns), then I just quickly add some sauce mix, let it heat through and vuala

Sorry for the long post :eek:

Last edited: 14 July 2011
  10. Ciara b

Ciara b Full Member

Omg that sounds soooooo yummy don't like prawns bur chicken or beef be great defo be trying that soon thank a mill x

11. Siandys1

Siandys1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(19.52%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    What noodles are you buying? Sounds lovely x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

12. zebredy

zebredy Sci-Fi Geek

Diet:
    WW
    Regarding the noodles I use. Loads of different ones

ASDA have some of the Sharwoods ones for £1 at the moment and they come with 2 packets of noodles inn a bag....

Sharwoods
    - Medium Soft Noodles
    - Fine Noodles
    - Thai Style Ribbon Noodles

Amoy
    - Rice Noodles

These are all the ones that I could find that were 4/5 points a packet (there may be more but not sure, also never used 2 packets so not sure if 2 packets would be 8,9 or even 10points)

If you are using weight watchers online please double check the points as they have the rice noodles down at 5 points when there actually 4 points a packet (when I was in the shops I devided the calories by 40 and got 4point and also checked it on the calculator when I got home) I believe its 35.0 for carbohydrates and they have it down at 37.2 (or something like that online not sure why they got it wrong)

I know it says on the packet about either nooking the noodles or cooking them in the pan. The only reason I prefer to nook them is cause I don't need to use any extra oil to cook them in.. (watch you don't over cook the rice noodles as they tend to get a little sticky)

Last edited: 18 July 2011
  13. Siandys1

Siandys1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(19.52%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Thanks for that, I love noodles but have stayed away from them cause I thought they'd be loads of pp xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.