Panic Stricken

Wish

Silver Member
OMG I have just weighed myself and have put weight on:eek: About 5 lbs I am panic stricken tbh. I have really worked hard to shift the weight and still have more to lose. Its my own fault I have been un-motivated since christmas and have not been doing an awful lot exercise wise.

I can honestly say that I am really frightened by this gain, I really don't want to be taking any steps back, I feel very disappointed in myself:sigh: Sometimes my scales are dodgy, but I am sure I can feel a bit more weight around my stomach area, really cross with myself, i'll be steppingxe up the exercise as of this evening, I don't want to be getting my fat trousers out again!

Jeez i'm really having a wobbler here, how stupid of me to become complacent about my weight again. :(

Have you been doing the plan? or just having 'Christmas'?

If you've not been on the plan, it might be the swift kick you need to get yourself back in gear ;) (meant in the nicest possible way)

If you've been doing the plan, have you been doing anything different?

Don't get too upset about it. I know, it's alright for me to say that.. I know how I'd feel if I had a gain, I'd be mortified. Stay low syn for the rest of the week and it'll shift in no time

(((((((((big hugs))))))))))

PS, just left you a message in the clothes thread ;)

Right Hun.....this is the time when you have to take a deep breath and move on.
Ok, we all have wobbly days...I had a wobbly 2 weeks over Christmas and gained 5lbs too, but Ive come back, actually having enjoyed the break and now raring to go.
You shouldnt dwell on it and just move forward.
It will come off again, you know how the plan works and you know what to do in order to loose the weight, so I wont preach to you there!
Come on...Big Hugs and we'll shift those pounds together!

Kerry-Ann
xx

CALM DOWN!!! You'll be fine. Like Annie says, this might be a kick up the bum and gets you motivated again. I got one trying on a frock in the sales and I am so VERY on track now.

In a way it's positive you're panicked - you're more likely to stop and get going with it again, rather than think, "bah 5lbs, what's that?!" and carry on gaining!

You've come so far already, well done. Keep it up!

I'm feeling exactly the same. I only really had one week off at Christmas, but went 3 weeks without a weigh in, and had still put on 2lbs. Gutted. Really felt I'd shifted any gain, and possibly even more. Was feeling a bit smug about it too, then, lo-and-behold, two pound on. Aaaagh! What's worse is I've fallen off the wagon today in a 'sod it' way, and now feeling crap about that too.....Ggggrrrrrrrrr.........

Look at my Christmas gain (below!!!!!) and that was only for 11 days off plan and one missed class on 29th Dec because it was my Birthday!!! And, I might add, that approx 3 days out of those 11, I followed SW all day but went off track in the evenings....so I'd imagine my gain could have been a lot more!!!
I went back to class on Monday and faced the music and it really gave me the incentive I obviously needed to get back on plan.
Its when you continue you eat and stop going to class that the trouble starts.
Don't beat yourself up, you've lost it before.....you most certainly can do it again

Good Luck

Good effort Lentil! 12lbs is a very impressive gain, but am even more impressed by your positive attitude. of course one gain won't hurt us forever!

Is your birthday 29th Dec? Mine's the 28th. We're birthday neighbours!!!!

I put on 6lbs over christmas, but i was off the plan for 2 weeks, i think you just need to keep in your head, if you have put it on quick you can loose it quickly!! I'm hoping it works, i have be sooooo good this week as in sticking to it 100% and the weekend went to pot, i'm hoping i can pull it back before group

Back