Panic !!!

Snowbaby

Wants to shed pounds more
I have lost nearly 3 and a half stone. Yay me. Suddenly, MANY people have started to notice and mostly they have been supportive. However there have been some with unhelpful words like - "You're fading away," "losing it too fast." Its almost like some treat you like you've been deceiving them all this time. Almost like I was really a slim person but I had stayed in a fat suit for a decade and now I've taken it off. Its like I am challenging their pre conceived ideas and maybe thats a good thing.

Thing is, hubby is complaining that he can feel 'bones' now ( at 15st 2lb I aint THAT thin or THAT bony). He doesnt mean to put me off, yet I am starting to waver and feel uncomfortable. Have any of you guys experienced this? I am kicking myself, because I went on a 'food paddy' because of this and I know its something I have to control, but seriously - this is the first lapse I have had for a while. I dont want to slide back, I want to carry on - anyone got any tips to deal with this? Thanx in advance :)

I've lost 24lbs so far and people at work are starting to notice. Fortunately they are all nice about it and no-one has said anything nasty. A few friends at the start were worried about how healthy it was but it's better to lose weight then be overweight. My oh has commented that he can feel bones now which is good really as I know the weight is coming off.

Thats really nice to hear. I think the prob is, that its gone from "You're looking well" thru to "Have you lost a bit of weight?" Now I have had a lot of POSITIVE comment, I think that I just let the Negative ones have a louder voice somehow :)

I have lost nearly 3 and a half stone. Yay me. Suddenly, MANY people have started to notice and mostly they have been supportive. However there have been some with unhelpful words like - "You're fading away," "losing it too fast." Its almost like some treat you like you've been deceiving them all this time. Almost like I was really a slim person but I had stayed in a fat suit for a decade and now I've taken it off. Its like I am challenging their pre conceived ideas and maybe thats a good thing.

Thing is, hubby is complaining that he can feel 'bones' now ( at 15st 2lb I aint THAT thin or THAT bony). He doesnt mean to put me off, yet I am starting to waver and feel uncomfortable. Have any of you guys experienced this? I am kicking myself, because I went on a 'food paddy' because of this and I know its something I have to control, but seriously - this is the first lapse I have had for a while. I dont want to slide back, I want to carry on - anyone got any tips to deal with this? Thanx in advance :)

Tell em all to f*** off :D

Seriously though, if any of the people who say you're too skinny now etc are slimmer than you, tell them to go to the supermarket and pick up x amount of bags of potatoes (guess a suitable number of bags depending on who is talking to you) and carry them around with them so that they can see how it feels and how uncomfortable it is (I think I've nicked that suggestion off Pete on the LL forum - apologies!), apparently this usually shuts them up.

You are doing so well, don't let a few ignorant comments put you off xx

Serena, thanx so much for that. Its probably what I should have thought at the time. But I will give them the potato scenario and maybe they'll understand :)

It could be jealousy - never thought of that. I know I always got a bit jealous when people I knew lost weight quickly. Oh how the tables have turned ha ha.

Yeah, its crossed my mind that I have suddenly levelled the playing field abit lol. Funny, I never really thought of the concept of ppl being jealous. I think hubbies prob is that I was 3 stone heavier than him and now I'm a few lb lighter :)

Serena, thanx so much for that. Its probably what I should have thought at the time. But I will give them the potato scenario and maybe they'll understand :)

Some people won't want to understand and will use any opportunity to take out their own insecurites on you or others...honestly don't let it bother you. Easier said than done I know but their problem is just that...their problem not yours. :)

There's always going to be inconsiderate people who make inconsiderate and personal comments! Whether it be about weight, appearance, or whatever. The important thing is that you see these comments for what they are.... stay positive and revel in the good comments - you've done brilliantly so far, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

Thanks everyone, I was feeling really down about this - I had gone on a food bender (not too bad thankfully). Its made me want to succeed now :)

I think that chap of yours is probably worried about your imminent gorgeousness and getting a tad insecure....I think its probably scary for him to watch you discover a "new" you. He prob thinks he still wants the "old" you, but when he gets used to your new found vigour and confidence he'll definatly come round to the idea.Or yes-he could simply be jelous.
My boyf keeps telling me that Im going to run off with a sexier guy now that Ive dropped a few pounds. He is very proud of me but I can see he is getting abit worried bless him.
As for peers comments, I noticed how weird that was, when I dropped from 17 stone to 14 a few years ago. They all said I was wasting away,didnt need to lose weight and I look gaunt etc.Last week I digged out some old photos of me at 17st and showed them all..... "My god you were massive!!" and "Jeez you look so much better now!"
Hmmmm funny that. I think just where they are USED to seeing you fat (ie:that looks normal to them) that when you do lose some weight they do percieve it as looking gaunt etc. A while down the line, they'll totally appriciate your new figure. As soon as they get used to it.
Dont let them get you down chick-youve done amazing! Its other peoples jelousy and insecurities,not yours.So just focus on YOU!! Thats all that matters! Well done bird! xx

It might be worth reviewing your reasons.. with your hubby.. let him know how you feel, find out how he feels and I'm sure between you both you'll come to realise that you both want to be healthy and happy for a long long time.. and that losing weight will help you get that. ((hugs))

I have had such comments from my OH in the past and present, he means well but as you say it's not helpful when you're trying to stay strong to your chosen weight loss journey.

A big part of my current weight loss journey is knowing that I CHOOSE what I eat.. and what I don't. It's your life and your choice.

Well, its Valentines Night and I have broke with the diet somewhat and WILL be back to diet tomorrow. After my posting, we had a long chat and he realised that maybe his prob is that HE needed to lose some pounds but there was no way I would get him to follow the CD, which is a shame. like most guys I guess he didnt really think and mostly hes been really supportive.

Thanks to all that have replied, you've been so supportive and I am back on track tomorrow xxx

Back