Paranoia and desire for Christmas Cake

Diva2.0

Hi Everybody!

Every Christmas my mom makes a special christmas cake. It was my dad's recipe, and before him, his mom's. I'm fairly sure most of you guys have something similar or just love Christmas cake.:D

So. . . Here's the thing. I really want a slice and am worried about succumbing. I mean Christmas is two weeks away and I'm thinking about it.

I've just started. About 1 week done with Induction. I really like Low Carb , but I think its the tradition of it. . . And the taste that makes me want the cake on Christmas. :D

Should I plan to have 1 slice and keep the rest of the day totally LC so I don't binge or should I just not eat it? I'm worried that I will just eat it anyway, and since I'll feel guilty, I'll eat the whole cake sorta thing.:4633:

Advice for a newbie, please. Thanks!

tbh & I probably shouldn't say this but if thats what you fancy then have a piece, its better that you plan for something that you really want than end up thinking sod it & completely falling off the wagon!

Christmas is hard for dieters but especially hard for us low carbers & every which way there are sugar laden goodies... if you think you can low carb & enjoy some cake then I say go for it. x

Totally agree with Linzi Diva - it's Christmas! If you don't eat some you'll feel really hard done by. I'd take the cake and go clean and green for the rest of the day. :)

:thankyou: Whew! Okay, so I will plan for the "blip" So, that I control it, and it doesn't control me.

Thanks so much for your advice and support! I already love this board.

i sooo nearly blipped on cake today, it was just sitting there looking yummy.....but i shunned it and walked away

not sure i will be doing that so easily in a weeks' time!

I had cake yesterday, and white bread and other stuff I shouldn't - but I had planned my day off and thoroughly enjoyed it, and today been back on plan without any trouble (apart from a bit of wind lol)
you just have to give yourself a break sometimes but always mindful of not just carrying on and on and on!

I had cake yesterday, white bread and other stuff I shouldn't - but I had planned my day off and thoroughly enjoyed it, and today been back on plan without any trouble (apart from a bit of wind lol)
you just have to give yourself a break sometimes but always mindful of not just carrying on and on and on!

Think you hit the nail on the head Bren you can go off plan as long as you are mindful you need to get straight back on the hoss again!

Make sure you drink plenty of water to wash away the carbs Diva.

Back