Parmasan Cheese

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Howdie!

Please can someone confirm that you can have 28g of normal grated parmasan cheese as a HEXA?

I'm going to have some tonight for dinner but only have the finely grated stuff and 28g seems a heck of a lot of cheese when weighted out!

Many thanks xxx

If you think its alot just use what you want hun, but if its allowed then dont use your syns.

It finely grated so thats why it seems alot x

Just wont want to go over my A choice today as i have also had 3 cups of tea (so far) with skimmed milk.

Maybe just a light sprinking would be enough to incorporate into 1 HEXA (if that makes sense) xx

oh i see sorry you only have 1 hea and you have had milk as well, maybe just have 10g would that be enough to sprinkle?

I guess so :)

Doing a green day today and using 1 A for skimmed milk and that leaves another A for something else, but I have nothing else if you get me! Only have milk and parmasan in the house.

I will use a tiny bit and just hope I dont go over my A choice allowance for today!

is the dry cheese in a black pot u find on by the pasta sauce jars and bags of pasta the same as pamesan cheese? x

as long as it is fresh parmesan then yes it is 28g for a HEa, the dried stuff in sprinkle tubs are different and I don't think they can be used as a HEa as it is full of various additives etc.

The dried stuff doesn't taste very nice, in my opinion. Far better to buy a piece and grate it when you need it. Aldi do a good one which is not too expensive, but anyway it lasts for ages.

Keep it well wrapped in the fridge so that it does not dry out too quickly. If it does get hard and dry you can still use it, but it is harder work to grate.

All this talk of parmesan, i bought some and had it with some veg bolognaise...it was yummy! and you get quite a bit for 28g :D

Back