parmesaN????

Tracie Green

Silver Member
Could someone please clarify for me how much grated parmesan you can have?? if its 28g that looks loads and tooo good to be true???:rolleyes:

Yes, deffo 28g!

I thought that when I grated 28g for risotto the other day. Think it's because it's grated that it looks so much...when it's just a 28g block of ordinary cheese it looks like nowt! lol!

REALLY!!! that is amazing!!!!! so u can have that as a healthy extra but how many syns if syning? is it 5 ish???

28g is 6 syns!

yep its 28g and it looks loads, imagine if u used both ur hexa how much it would look!!!
if like me you LOVE cheese that is heaven!

ohhh yeah i love cheese!! i havent had any syns today so can do carbonar wich will be 10. 28g parmesan - 6 and 2 slices of bacon - 4syns yeah??? the other stuff is free in it isnt it ?? (Fromage frais)

I once made a quorn bolognese and decided to weigh out the 28g of parmesan to put on top, thinking it would be a reasonable amount. I think I used less than half of it. It was just too much! So yes, you're reading right... and as mentioned above, would probably be LOVELY in a risotto!

Oooo On my syn list it says 1 tablespoon level of course of Parmesan is 1.5.

I have a lovely dish I cook with it.. will post if later if you want?

*Wanders off confused*

Vegetable Lasagne for GREEN DAY
3 syns the whole lot(using triangles as one of your HB)! Or nothing if you use 28gms of parmesan from allowance B and the other triangles from your allowance... you get the drift.

All veg that you like including onions.. chopped.
Tin of tomatoes
Herbs - garlic, oregano, anise, salt, pepper, parsley and any other you like. (I add chilli too fresh rather yummy!)
Sheets of lasagne
Fromage blanc.. which is your quark.
2 level tablespoons of parmesan 1.5 syns per level tablespoon.
Light Laughing Cow Triangles.
Spray light

Few sprays in pan and lightly cook veg off... start with onions.
Add herbs, leave to cook for a minute or two add tin tomatoes.

Get out deep dish and layer up with veg pasta veg pasta finish with pasta on top.

In a bowl or jug add your quark and 3/4 of parmesan and mix... then pour over the top ensuring you cover all the pasta.

Sprinkle the remaining on the top and add some laughing cow light triangles dotted over the top.

Bake in moderate oven till brown... then eatttttttttttttttttttt!!!

To me this is a large dish and will serve the whole family but if you wanted to keep it to yourself well whats 3 syns!!

Vegetables I add...

Courgette
Brocolli
French Beans
Kidney beans (tin of)
cauliflower
Peppers

Always think it is nice when you see a pic of it too...

Happy eating!

That looks lush!!!

Just printed that out, will file it away in my sw recipe book, im gonna make that next week, thanx tonns, willlet u know how it comes out xxxx

Is 28g of the already grated parmesan (In like the tube looking pot) also a HEa? or is it just fresh parmesan...? xx

Ooo don't know I use it from the tub.... I am sure that someone who knows or goes to a class will be able to tell you soon.

Back