Party Help!!!

Becca Wecca

skinny minny here I come!
A while before my diet I had organised a get together around my house with a few friends, I decided we could have some party food and a few drinkies. But then I went on my diet. Dilema!!!

I've only been doing it just over a week so am still really into it and focused. I really don't want to be messing it up too much!

Food wise i'll still have to stick to the party food, i'll just not go wild myself. But drinks wise, what's the best alcohol to be drinking when you're on a diet??!!

Don't want to ruin things a couple of weeks in!

Hmm ... I think tesco have a wine called Soleo (or something very similar) that doesn't have too high of a syn count. Our slimming world consultant told us about it before. You should have a look next time you're in tesco and maybe syn it on the slimming world website before the party, just to see. Might not be much help to you but just thought I'd mention it!
Otherwise I usually just save up my syns for the weekend, when I'm going out, and stick to vodka and diet coke. The diet coke is free and vodka is something like 4 syns per 35ml ... which if you save up your syns, gives you a lot of room to enjoy your few drinks. (Or many, if you wish. ;) )
As for the food, you should look up recipes on the slimming world website, or on the message boards here, if you really want to stick to the plan. We had a party not long ago and prepared all slimming world food! Nobody noticed the difference and couldn't believe it when I told them afterwards that they were all S.W recipes.
Have fun regardless and don't worry too much about it! Theres always flexible syns!! Good luck! :)

You could make some slimming world friendly snacks, if you do a search for picnic or party you should get some great ideas, personally I love the slimming world quiche recipe and there's one for scotch eggs on the website that looks nice too. Some of the iceland bbq range are syn free if that helps according to the book spirits are lower in syns than wine or beer (not that I pay much attention since I can't drink right now lol). Have fun at your party you could always have a flexi-syn day, that's the best part about slimming world you can choose how you get to have fun and stay in control at the same place. Hugs Crystal xx

Stick to a Spirit with a diet mixer. At house parties i take a little bottle of vodka & sugar free red bull. The bottle of vodka is 25 syns - so in the unlikely event i drink the whole lot its easy to know how much i've had. Also, wine gets shared, which makes it difficult to count your syns!!

Syn free or low syn snacks

Veg sticks
Potato wedges
Make your own chicken goujons
Open sandwiches (less bread so less syns)
Low fat sausages cut up & cooked
Chicken drumsticks - just don't eat the skin!
Smoked salmon
King Prawns

All the above could be served with dips for all your guest, & you could then keep yourself a tub of quark, if you like it, or ex light mayo flavoured with garlic for yourself.

Thanks for the replies!

Vodka it is. Will do normal party food for my friends, then a few slimming world bits for myself!! I don't really want to spend the whole day cooking just want easy things!

Which ones classed as the little bottle x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm classing the 35cl as having 20 odd syns,but will prob be the ones you get on flights knowing my luck. Oh well still going to neck it lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back