1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Party nibbles/drinks ideas?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by RosiePops, 2 April 2014 Social URL.

1. RosiePops

RosiePops Well-Known Member

Hi everyone
    Im meeting the girls on Saturday night for a catch up. This usually involves copious amounts of prosecco and crisps/dip!
    The OH is taking me out for lunch on Saturday too, to celebrate me being awarded my MSc so I really need to watch it.
    Drinks wise I think im going to stick to martini extra dry- diet lemonade/coke to minimise the booze syns. Any other ideas welcome!
    I thought I could do some sw friendly nibbles- so far im thinking homemade hummus with veg sticks, mini sw quiches and maybe some kind of chicken skewer with the syn free BBQ sauce.
    Anyone got any other ideas? I have a vegetarian friend and also a lactose intolerant one lol!
    TIA!
    Rosie x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. i_am_plankton

i_am_plankton Well-Known Member

For the veggie and lactose intolerant friend I would maybe do some vegan dishes and please both of them? How about a bowl of luso beans (black turtle beans, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, passata and garlic), mushroom/pepper/tomato skewers, chickpea and spinach falafel (Tesco sell frozen Everyday Value ones that cost £1 and come in at half a syn each), tomato and onion pasta/savoury rice (check it's milk free - Tesco have some), cocktail sausages made from Linda McCartney sausages etc?

4. RosiePops

RosiePops Well-Known Member

Ohh thanks for that!
    I love the sound of the spinach and chickpea falafel- I tend to jump to the conclusion that shop bought=high syn so thats really useful to know!
    Luso beans sound yummy too, and veg kebabs/pasta are nice and easy :)
    Thank you!
    Rosie x

5. jen3

jen3 Well-Known Member

Maybe some chicken cut in to chunks, marinated in yoghurt and curry powder then baked or grilled - serve with cocktail sticks

Am sure theres a free bhaji recipe on here somewhere - have with a free raita

And for sweet tooth people - a tub of quark mixed with a sachet of white choc options (2.5 syns) and some slices of crispy red apple to dunk in it

6. Five-By-Five

Five-By-Five Well-Known Member

I like to get a sandwich bag and put chunks of fresh chicken, lemon juice, paprika, garlic and pepper in it, then once marinaded in bag( rub the pieces in bag for 5 mins then leave to settle for 30 mins then spread on a baking tray and stick in the oven to cook, once cooked I pop them on skewers and have them with a syn free relish of some sort, or it's really nice in a salad or on some pasta shapes too. X

7. Samantha26

Samantha26 Well-Known Member

I like the sound of the chickpea and spinach falafels, will definitely be getting them next time i'm in tescos :)